Find
Notify
Tools

Best hunting TV personality poll
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
Ok, among these ones who is the best TV personality?

Cindy Garrison, kind of mannish but still prettier than everyone else. She's also crazy enough that my 9 year old daughter get's pretty excited about her.

Dave Watson, the only thing I don't like about Dave is he is more of a bow guy and he shoots a lot of things in pens.

Craig Boddington

Larry Weishuhn, I think he's our most knowledgeable whitetail guy for Texas. Maybe Dr Kroll knows more about whitetails, but I doubt its much more.

Jim Shockey, that damn Canadian with the smoke pole and the smoking hot wife who looks like Shania Twain.

Jack Brittingham, I think Jack's approach of bringing his kids in is fantastic. I wish he did a hell of a lot less bowhunting and did more rifle stuff.

Chris Dorsey the bird guy!

Jim Scouten, the gun guy.

Tom Miranada, I think this guy is a tool, but to each his own.

Bill Jordan, the camo guy! I like Bill Jordan's stuff, just wish they did more rifle stuff.

Ted Nugent, the whackmaster probably done more to promote hunting and the second ammendment than anyone on this list. Of course he's also primarily a bowhunter, but does a lot of rifle stuff too.

Guy and Mike Eastman, I always thought that Gordy Eastman was one of the best outdoor personalities that ever lived. His son and grandson just piss me off.

Will Primos, and the rest of the Primos team, not bad too Southern for my Western ears.

The team from Christensenson's Arms TV. Show is shot well, but I didn't care for any of them after meeting them at FNAWS.

Michael Waddell, I like this guy but his show is the typical whack a turkey with a bow boredom that most of hunting tv is.

Drury Brothers, probably some of the worst stuff on TV. Change the channel, and cancel your subscription to cable.

Knight and Hale, like them, like their show, good solid stuff. Again too much bowhunting at times.

My personal favorite is Craig Boddington, followed by Cindy, Larry Weishuhn, Chris Dorsey, Ted Nugent, and Jim Shockey.

I added a few through some request, I am not going to do it again as it resets the counts.

Question:
Who's your pick?

Who do you hate?

Choices:
Cindy "man hands" Garrison
Dave Watson
Larry Weishuhn
Craig Boddington
Jim Shockey
Jack Brittingham
Chris Dorsey
Jim Scouten
Tom Miranda
Bill Jordan
Ted Nugent
Mike and Guy Eastman
Will Primos
Christensens Arms TV
Michael Waddell
Drury Brothers
Knight and Hale

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
I guess I would have to say Shockey followed by Boddington. Most enjoyable to watch though would have to be Tiffany from getting close or Jodi Clark.

P.S. No Guy Eastman?

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I don't really care for Eastmans either, they are doing what they have to do to make a buck. I beleive they are largley to blame for the influx of non-resident hunts into the much of the west.

I will try and add them though.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I will add non-residents that bring much needed dollars to a lot of places, but we don't quite have the game load that you do in the east, and now we are sharing with even more of you.

Our game departments cater to you a little more than they do to resident money. As your non resident lisceses are worth so much more.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had to vote for Cindy, nice to look at, grew up on a ranch, and I like the way she dress's on the shows. I know she got canceld, and the rest are simply entertainers, I don't have any of the programming nor have had for 10 years, and would not pay a penny for it ever again, they are just running commercials, and poor entertainment.

I have actually met watson, done business with him and met boddington, and one you didn't mention, Keith Warren, and I lived very near the eastmans, like about 75 feet from them for 8 years, hunted with warren, boddington would be the only one I wouldenjoy visiting with again, he never talked down, and wasn't all about killing like the others.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I have only met Weishuhn, Boddington, and that asshole Troy Christensen.

I would hunt with Weishuhn and Boddington, I would't piss on any Christensen alive if they were on fire.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I picked Jordan. But he always hunts with a bow-- which bores the hell out of me as I hate them. Tom miranda is the biggest idiot I have seen. I'd probably shoot him because he annoys me so much!

Posts: 5709 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like Boddington, as he is a wealth of information, but is not afraid to admit "I missed"....you don't always find that kind of humility in the outdoor tv world. From folks that know him, Shockey is supposed to be a genuinely nice guy. Bill Jordan, et. al., have been accused of having a fake southern, hick accent and if so, its the way we all talk down here...nice guys. Nugent is also much nicer in person than the tv personna would indicate...met him on numerous occasions.
Here is a pic of Cindy that my cuz took a couple of years ago...such a cutie.

Posts: 373 | Location: Leesburg, GA | Registered: 22 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D99:
Ok, among these ones who is the best TV personality?

quote:
Originally posted by D99:
Who's your pick?
Who do you hate?

Your question is not clear. Are we voting on who we like or who we hate???

I voted on who I do not like.

If it is a poll on who you like, I may have to go vomit, as I can not stand that I voted for Miranda.

Sorry, but it looks like you might have to reset your poll again.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
The poll is called best hunting tv poll.

If you write a post of who you hate in the reply section that is what I want.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I thought in "Best tv hunting personality poll" the "Best" was describing "poll" since it included more people. I looked for additional names in the first poll, disappointed that I could not find my least favorite tv personality.

It is not all that clear for those who do not read the entire post. I just skimmed it and went straight to the question.

quote:
Question:
Who's your pick?

Who do you hate?

So I chose my least favorite.

Of course now, your explination makes sense.

I am sorry, I am still a bit torn up that I accidentally voted for Miranda. I just want to make sure it doesn't happen again. Big Grin

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
We must all think pretty alike.

Boddington, Weishuhn, Ted Nugent, Bill Jordan, Michael Waddel, are the big ones.

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
So we all agree on Drury and Christensens being douchebags?

Thanks for contributing to my insanity.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite to watch would be Shockey. I like his personality and especialy like the hunts with his dad. He seems genuine.

My least favorite is the drury bro's. I can't stand to think that there "soap opra style" could be having an influence on the younger generation of hunters. IMHO there just the opposite of what hunting is about.

Posts: 231 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveM70:
My favorite to watch would be Shockey. I like his personality and especialy like the hunts with his dad. He seems genuine.

The hunts with his dad and father in law are freakin' hilarious. rotflmo

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like "the huntley way" with huntley ritter. I don't see a lot of the guys you talk about. maybe different programming. Chris Dorsey seems like a good guy, every time he's on he's hunting big game in africa or new zealand. What no tred barta! That guy is a douchebag!

Posts: 206 | Location: nicholasville, KY | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I agree about Shockey's Dad and Father in Law, my dad is almost 68 and he thinks that Shockey show is one of the best along with Boddington and Weishuhn.

I watched Chris Dorsey this morning hunting Roe deer in the Czech republic. Great stuff!