THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Game Processing near Ft. Worth, Texas

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game Processing near Ft. Worth, Texas
 Login/Join

<Desert Rat>
posted
With some help from friends on this list, (hm1996, Rob1SG, and bo-n-aro deserve special mention) I am back in the wild hog hunting game. Because I am arranging this long distance, I am looking for a reputable game processor to butcher and package the hogs if we get any. I expect to field dress them myself. I have not field dressed hogs before, but have done plenty of deer.

I would appreciate any help in locating a game processor in or near Ft. Worth. If they had freezer rentals, it would be a plus. Any suggestions on field dressing hogs would also be appreciated.

I hope to post the results of this hunt in a month or so. With luck, it will be the first big game for both of my children.

<Paleohunter>
posted
I would sugjest Kuby's its in Dallas off of mockingbrid if you want to know more let me know and I'll get the Phone# for you. They are the best game processor I have found so far.

<Desert Rat>
posted
Yes, please do post it. I'll be operating out of the far west side of Ft. Worth, though, so if there is one closer to there, I would be interested.

one of us
Picture of verhoositz
posted Hide Post
I also can vouch for Kuby's in Dallas. They are a couple blocks west of Stemmons (I-35E) and Mockingbird. They are also one of the very few places I know that will skin wild Hogs and quoted me $15 for the job. Kuby's also owns a German styled delicatessan and catering service of worldwide reknown in the very highend neighborhood of Highland Park near SMU. I've used them for years and have never been disappointed. During deer season they are open on Sunday afternoons as well. Call them at: 214-951-7441, fax @ 214-951-9191, 7901 Soveriegn Row, Dallas, TX 75247

Posts: 260 | Location: On the Red River in North Texas | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
RAT, Kuby's is good for sure, but.... the cost is on the high side.
I would highly recomend Hirsch's Meats in Plano. 972-964-5593, 1929 W Parker Rd.
Gary, the owner, is The King of Sausage!! He must have 50 "flavor" to pick from. They will cut and package any way you wish.
Did you call William outside of Kaufman for your hunt?
Looking forward to reading about the hunt and seeing the pics. If you need a shoulder mount, let me know!

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might be closer to Hamilton meat co. in Weatherford. They have the best prices around
do a really great job. BLR7

Posts: 154 | Location: Texas | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Desert Rat>
posted
I called William, and he got back to me fairly quickly. In the meantime, I had contacted Kay Hilje, and booked a hunt. I may well try William in the future.

I had a very high priority to get the hunt, so I took the first of those that had been recommended that I contacted.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends on how far west of FTW. There's one in Strawn, about 70 miles west, can't remember the name but he has signs posted at the Strawn exit from I20 and the turn off from hiway 180. There's one here in Breckenridge, 100 miles west, Ray's Grocery, who specializes in prime beef and game butchering. Ray will also make sausage or chili from your game.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Harry>
posted
Klein Meat Co.
2525 Cullen ST.
Ft. Worth
817 332 4155
Good folks...near Angelo's Bar B Q..everyone here knows where that is.
Mims

one of us
posted Hide Post
Desert Rat
Pay no attention to any horror stories you have heard about processing hogs. You "gut" and "skin" them just like you do a deer. Also many people say that big boars are not good to eat. I will say this, I have killed and eaten boar hogs of 325lbs [weighed] and several others in the 275 to 300lb range, they tasted excellent. I cut the backstraps and the hams into steaks for the grill. I use the front shoulders for oven roasts.
Good luck on your hog hunt.
What rifles do you plan to use?

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Desert Rat>
posted
Rifles:

Ruger 77 30-06

Manlicher Schnoer Custom .257 Roberts AI

Winchester 70 Youth .243

Bakail IZH94 7x57R combination gun

Savage 99 .308

All scoped, except for the Combo gun which has a red dot reflex sight.