Find
Notify
Tools

Hogs
 Login/Join

<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hey'
Since this is a big game forum,I hope you don't mind my posting my good fortune today.This morning I could not get to my hunting area,before 9:15 am.I checked in,and posted the stand I would be hunting.I was hunting over a cow pea food plot,which is also corned up.I took my new,never been hunting,6.5-06 Imp,with 125 Nosler Partions.At 9:30,there were so many Hogs on the corn pile,I could not count them all.I picked out a Hog that looked about 50 Lbs and put him down,The group ran off.I ejected the spent shell,and check the primer,just a habit,and put it in my pocket.The group came back to see what happened to the Hog I shot.I then shot another,about the same size.The bullet performed well.I am getting away from Ballistic Tips.They spoil too much meat,and does not leave a good exit wound,on the game I have shot.All my extra meat goes to Second Helpings,an organization,that feeds people less fortunate than most of us.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting,com [Wink]

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Geejay,
I have been leading my friends against them too, for exactly the same reasons... and the fact that we hunt pigs on the ground, stalkin...you want a bullet that will exit.
jeffe

Posts: 38613 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know that those little porkers are tasty but not much of a test for a center fire. 22 mag is all you need.

Posts: 280 | Location: SARASOTA , FL. | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hey'
Whenever I go hunting,all I need is what I use at that hunt.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com [Wink]

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
..just thought you guys might like to know of a GREAT! site for Hog Hunters... [Big Grin]

TexasBoars.com