Find
Notify
Tools

The boy and I got our deer!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of T/C Nut
posted
Well, the boy and I got our deer...and My back is KILLING ME!!! homer Same canyon too and let me tell you it was worth every minute! To see my boy drop his first deer brought tear's to my eyes. My son shot his one day before first season ended. I got mine the first day of late season. I can't wait till next year! We hunted hard and did not see much BTW these are the only two deer we saw the whole time hunting. Before season all we saw were buck's.

My son with his first deer turned out to be a little buck..LOL Yes he has fuzz nubb's. Shooting a Remington Model 7 in .243Win 100gr. soft points. Range 80 yards.

My deer a 4x2 shot at 300 yards with my new Ruger Hawkeye all weather in 35 Whelen shooting a 200gr Hornady SP..I love this gun and cartridge Big Grin

Posts: 608 | Location: Washington | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your boy.I love those dark racks!!! tu2

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats! what it is all about!!
tell the little guy congrats
fine work,fine fine work.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of T/C Nut
posted Hide Post
Thanks guy's

Posts: 608 | Location: Washington | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both of you! tu2 tu2 Those hunts will make for memories that'll you'll cherish forever.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Way to go. That first photo is classic! clap

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you both, great job Dad!

Posts: 344 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lifetime memories for you and your boy. LOVE those dark alder rubbed antlers!! Congradulations

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Looks wet! Believe me, he'll never forget this and I expect that his gratitude will give old dad a lot of slack as he grows up.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Absolutely perfect! tu2

Nothing wrong with either of those two!!! I love thos edark chocolate horns. Kinda makes me wish our deer here had them.

I can't imagine hunting in the wet weather like that!

Congrats again!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
The grin on your boys face says it all! Congrats to you and your son.

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, I can't wait to take my kid out! Tell your boy he did a great job.

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you both.

I can't imagine a 300 yard shot in that "jungle". Well done!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Bless him!

Well done to both.

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote