Find
Notify
Tools

Re: IS THERE a lesson here????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

For this reason I am somewhat opposed to the law as it now stands but I also see the logic of not allowing one shooter to fill tags for others. When that is allowed many non hunters are employed simply to provide tags for the those who are of the impression that a tag is similar to a grocery cart at the local meat market.

At $800 for lodging and $500 for license plus 24 hours of straight driving to get to the camp, and gas at $1.24 A LITER, I can pretty much guarantee the "nonhunters buying tags to be filled" is probably not a big issue. IT is cheaper to buy high grade beef and save the wear and tear on the vehicles.
I could buy an entire beef cow and have 3 times the meat for what I spend on a caribou hunt and so do the rest of my crew.
With the woods full of dead caribou from lost or abandoned game it is hard to understand the problem with definitely clean killed and retrieved caribou so long as there are the appropriate number of tags.
BUT
I WILL apprise my friends of the horror and tell them they best blaze away in the future even if they may be out of their range, because after all, it WILL be legal.
This year IS the first time I took game for someone else because of the scarcity of the caribou along with the long shooting involved.

THE QPP was STILL a dickhead.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep, he's the only man I trust with my baby's.
Stepchild2, up in Glennie, is another alumni of Bruce's shop.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote