New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do You Do This After Your Hunt?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67474 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More fuel for the anti-hunters?

Posts: 2602 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Different strokes for different folks.
Some people develop different traditions, some people drink some blood, others wipe some of the blood on their face, some eat raw heart or liver, others cook the heart and liver on the night of the kill, others drink a shot of whiskey, some folks pray with and for the dead animal, some have no traditions.
For my little family we are thankful for the meat at mealtime and the memories of that and many other hunts.
Traditions are very real to people that have them.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The antis are just a bunch of bloody stupid, ignorant, self obsessed morons.

They will remain antis as long as they chose to be ignorant of the facts of life.

There would be no life, if there was no death.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67474 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No I like mine well done.

Considering the diseases that wild game can carry no thank you.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
He ought to eat the brain. Then maybe he would have one.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I have no traditions after making a kill other than Thanking God

As far as eating raw game meat, yes I do.

Muscle meat only no organ meat, even cooked or from domestic animals.

I take parts of the backstrap and/or from the hind quarter, cut strips about 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch in diameter cross grain, not quite 1/4 inch thick and cover them with soy, lemon juice and jalapeno tobasco sauce and it ain't all that different than sushi.

As far as what this guy did, some folks simply don't understand that there are some things that really do not need to videoed and put on on the internet.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
As far as what this guy did, some folks simply don't understand that there are some things that really do not need to videoed and put on on the internet.

Ding, ding, ding. Everyone with a video camera or smart phone should think of this. A significant amount of our problems with the non-hunting public arise because some jackass just has to seek his 15 minutes of fame.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
I'm with you CrazyHorse... absolutely no organ meat period.. (except maybe in scrapple)

And I'm wondering if CWD has hit Utah yet... we may read about this guy again if he's not lucky..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Oh come on, a little steak tartar never killed anyone! Big Grin

I think raw hamburger with a little garlic salt is pretty tasty.

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some American Indians do that with the heart or liver.It supposedly gives them the power of the animal.I usually eat the cooked heart and tenderloins on the evening of the kill.We have even roasted them on a stick over a fire.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idiotic, redneck bullshit.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
Some American Indians do that with the heart or liver.It supposedly gives them the power of the animal.I usually eat the cooked heart and tenderloins on the evening of the kill.We have even roasted them on a stick over a fire.

X2 tu2

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:

Absolutely.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
meh..
I'm sure someone cares but it ain't me.

Posts: 4988 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There at the last it sure looked like he
was starting to upchuck it.

Shoot 'em, make sure they're dead. Then get
to work!!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
quote:

Absolutely.

+1

If you want to "respect" the game animal, make you kill ethically and utilize the taken animal appropriately. I wonder if there was any other reason for this movie star to kill that deer or elk other than to make a shocking video.

Posts: 9222 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
No, but I bet I could. I have eaten a raw bite of elk meat right off a just killed elk. Not even a big deal.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
"The sounds of Gibbon's nauseating gags are heard in the video while his face tightens as he tries to keep the heart down."

That's good entertainment right there. What an F-ing maroon (another way of saying "moron").

Re: "Oh come on, a little steak tartar never killed anyone! Big Grin" remember that guy who has his own TV show that ate rare bear and immediately got a hell of a case of trichinosis? Big Grin

Dave

Posts: 923 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
No doubt some wild game can give you parasites, etc if eaten raw. Did he die?

Don't Inuits eat a lot of raw game?

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted Hide Post
I say a prayer thanking the lord for providing me with the animal and the blessings he has given me!

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never gave it much thought, I was raised on wild game, Dads beef was our income..Ive eaten raw liver in Africa to keep the staff happy, it had no taste at all...I have eaten elk and deer cooked very rare on a couple of occasions..still don't give it much thought..Lots of jerky and its basically raw.

I prefer wild game pretty close to well done, but my friends claim Id eat the ass out of a skunk, and acuse me of being a coyote..

I like bone marrow, cooked tallow, liver, heart, kidneys, not brains, my favorite meal is Menudo (guts, red chili and homeny basically) the Mexicans at the ranch used to cook up heart, kidneys and Liver and stomach parts sewed up in a Deer or goat stomach, also had lots of hot chiles Pequin, Jalapenos, and whatever, bury it in the hot ash and coals and let it cook a long time, I grew up eating it and still love it, but wife won't cook it...just not picky..but today my heart doc says no more..but I do slip in a little Menudo about twice a week..

I have a special meal that I like..cut thin patato chip size pieces of lean deer meat, cook it quick in very hot skillet of butter well done, almost black, a little salt and lots of black pepper and eat it all..what a great snak topped with pico de gallo.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41985 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Ray,
The mother of my college friend, Carlos,made the best Menudo ever! Actually, about the only menudo that I liked. I just had to drive to Raymondville, Texas to get it!

She also made a blood soup and a peccary dish that were both great. Good times!

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glad you posted that, as it's about what I was thinking!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not eat organs. I have thought about seasoning up some sliced liver or heart and sautéing it the night of.

I would not do it the way he did it, and this is one thing I do not thinks needs to be on social media. His action to my eye just screams look at me. The event is not presented as being about the hunt or the animal. Again, that was my interpretation of the video.

But I have no problem with trophy pics. My wife post my venison dishes on Facebook.

Posts: 11389 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

People post such things and wonder why hunters are looked upon negatively.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you like your egg yokes runny ? Big Grin

Posts: 1866 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A little bit for fried eggs, definitely not for scrambled!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like game pretty rare.

That said, if you are gagging to eat it, it’s a stunt or you are starving and it’s all you can find.

This is the shock jock mentality. Look at me! LOOK AT ME, DAMMIT!!!!

I share hunting photos with folks I presume are of the same persuasion. I don’t go out of my way to upset folks. If you think it’s truely honoring the animal, you don’t put it online for all to see.

It’s not redneck, it’s narcissism.

Posts: 10797 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote