THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Importing game meat to USA from Canada

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Importing game meat to USA from Canada
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What's the current situation? With yet another report of a "mad cow" case in Alberta, are we under threat of an embargo on game meat from Canada?

Also, if a hunting party from the U.S. splits up and some travel by road and others by air, can the driving contingent bring the meat from the flying component's animals across the border, or does each individual have to be personally-present to bring the meat into the U.S.? (This supposes that all the proper export permits etc. are accompanying the meat.)

Thanks in advance for any information. Any website info would also be helpful.

Regards from BruceB (aka Bren Mk1)

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bruce, The last thing I heard(Friday) was that there is no likelyhood of the embargo being reinstated at this time. HOWEVER, there never was a problem with infected wildgame meat and the US Feds still went after it as well.
I personally believe very little of what I see or hear from polititions of media types. derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to hear about experiences that anyone has had having meat shipped from Canada after the hunt. We're going to Newfoundland in September, and there is no way that we're bringing the meat/trophies back with us. Instead, we'd like to have everything sent down a week or so after our return.

I'd be particularly interested to hear from anyone who shipped meat back to the metropolitan New York area.

Posts: 178 | Location: New York | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote