Find
Notify
Tools

YO Ranch still F'd up?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Dad and I need a decent last few hunts, he suggested we started there.

The last time I was there the remaining family was fighting over the place and it was in a pretty sorry state. This was March of last year.

Has anyone hunted there recently?

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunt on the land owner side of it. But to answer your question, it still appears to be a mess. I have heard the same from quite a few people recently. Hope you find a good hunt. I have been hearing some good things about Indianhead ranch. May wanna check it out.

Posts: 82 | Location: Buckholts, Texas | Registered: 11 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out recordbuck.com
It's an amazing place

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you looking to hunt? I offer hunts in the Sonora Tx area and if it's not listed on my site chances are I still have it. Check out my site
www.westtexashuntorg.com

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 439 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woodsie:
Check out recordbuck.com
It's an amazing place

Nice animals, I looked at the photos of recent animals and then looked at the prices. I am glad I did, I would have misjudged them as being expensive, but if those are the quality of animals they are putting out those prices are relevant. Nice looking place.

Mike, we will get to you. We have a short list, you are on it. Not for a few years though.

My father is finally feeling good enough to try some hunts, he's had a long bout with surgery and is hopefully done for a while.

Texas is just a hell of a lot easier than dragging him up and down the Wind Rivers range back home.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. Call me when you guys are ready.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 439 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to hunt on the Carl Hyde ranch next to the YO, and it was outstanding hunting..I know for a fact that the YO is fantastic hunting..

Whatever the mess management of the ranch is haveing is of no concern to you..all you need to know is if they have an opening and how much it costs..If they take you on, they won't allow their problems to interfere with your hunt.

As to family uprisings on those big Texas ranches, they are all in that state of mind these days, just too much money and too much greed involved. The King ranch has been in an uproar for years, made some crazy adjustments but they still have some awesome hunts. I have hunted Nilgai there on occasions.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41986 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote