New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fleece or Cabela's Microtex?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As stated in another post I'm getting ready for a canadian caribou and need something to wear under my rain gear. What would you recommend for fleece pants and shirts?? A name brand and/or link would be great. Anyone have any experience with Cabelas Microtex?
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link....t=microtex&noImage=0

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Haven't used Cabela's microtex, but have used fleece quite a bit on my biennial trips to Quebec for caribou. If it rains (good chance) and the fleece clothing gets wet, just ring it out and hang it up to dry...which it does pretty quickly.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used Cabela's Microtex for a few years now and it works rather well. I prefer it for early fall hunts when you might get a bit wet but fleese etc is too warm. I find it comfortable up to the mid 60's but too warm over 70. It layers up well with poly underwear and fleese over since it doesn't soak up your sweat like cotton. Personally, I'd wear the Microtex if it's warmer, and just layer on fleese if it gets really nasty.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i use patagonia expedition weight under wear.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Microtex in Skyline Appartition that I have used for 11 years. (Best camo I have ever owned, wish I had bought more, in graduated sizes, up in size of course). The camo looks as good today as when I first bought it. I love it for early season hunts by itself, breathes really well, dries quickly, sheds burrs, and wears like iron. Later season it layers well, great stuff.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I talked to the Caribou outfitter about this, and a couple of other things. My trip is the first of Sept. and he said that the weather could be all over the board at that time of the year. To expect lows around 30 with it warming up to the 60s or maybe even near 70 for the high. To expect some rain or maybe even snow. Which, with a 60 pound weight limit, makes it kind of hard for a Alabama boy to know what to pack???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out Swazi

http://swazi.co.nz/home.php?

Their 4 wheel drive pants and dribacks cannot be beat.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 set of Microtex and really like it. I would highly recommend it!!!

Posts: 1860 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I ordered the Microtex Wednesday night. thumb