New
Find
Notify
Tools

up coming season
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
for some of us at least the 2010 season is just around the corner, in a short 48 hrs some of the hunting will kick off here in wyoming.
any body set goals for the season?
not the regular ones, hunt safe,ethically
and all that.
this yr i have challenged myself to archery tackle for deer (mulies in the badlands)
anybody else?

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm going after a buck I have been watching for four years

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
for some of us at least the 2010 season is just around the corner, in a short 48 hrs some of the hunting will kick off here in wyoming.

Wondering about archery and antelope. Last year I shot one from 50 feet with a rifle...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14628 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
May sound silly, but just to go.....what with being out of work for over a year now, and none of the properties I used to hunt being available locally, I have set the goal of just going some...probably end up just being for whitetail here in GA somewhere, but maybe I can find a way to go on the low low budget out west after something....
We shall see!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I would be more than tickled to kill a big Antelope in Texas this fall.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I imagine I'll fill a buck pronghorn tag and possibly a doe. I'd like to fill my cow elk but have had a string of bad luck the last few years. Deer would be nice too, but I'm more interested in getting my buddy his firs elk, than filling my deer tag in the same season.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is my son's first year hunting with his own license's. Not mentor tags.

I am going to do everything in my power for him to have an absolute great season.
1- archery antelope tag
2- archery deer tags
2- rifle antelope tags
5- rifle deer tags

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I plan on pounding some prairie rats in Sept.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote