New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Deer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got my first deer yesterday afternoon (New Hampshire Whitetail). I was using a New Frontier 50 caliber muzzleloader, with a .45 240gr XTP Mag, with 90 grains of pyrodex. It weighed in at 103 lbs dressed, with 3 1/8inch spikes. The bullet did a great job and completely obliterated an entire lung.

[ 11-08-2003, 01:32: Message edited by: RevolverLover ]

Posts: 51 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE SUCESSFUL HUNT!
All animals harvested are trophies and whether one is successful at havesting thier quarry or not a hunt is a lot BETTER than a day at work!

LouisB

[ 11-08-2003, 17:19: Message edited by: TCLouis ]

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
RevolverLover,

Congrats on your first deer! It will be one of your most cherished memories. I still remember my first deer (26 years ago) like it was yesterday...shot him up on the breaks of the Canadian River in the Texas panhandle..he was about the same size as yours and was a spike as well. Anyway, congratulations, again, on your hunt.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go!
Hope this is the beginning of lifelong love affair with hunting and the outdoors. Mike.

Posts: 140 | Location: Irmo, SC | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Never allow trophy size to diminish the meaning of this animal. Give him a place of honor.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote