New
Find
Notify
Tools

All I want...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
is a simple leather carry strap for my rifles made out of 1st quality, oiled english harness leather. Nothing fancy, no lining, no pads, no latigo type quick adjust features, don't want a military style sling, no gimmicks. Just a fine quality simple 1" wide leather sling. Any suggestions?

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
<Jagermeister>
posted
It might cost you your good arm, but westley-rich has some like that, i think 1,1/4" etc. Check out also, Purdey, as they tend to deal in fine leather accessories. Also, H&H.

westleyrichards.com
purdey.com
hollandandholland.com

Aside from WR, who makes a decent canvas strap, anybody know?

thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post

go to nicks marine outdoors and check out the hunter company slings (look at the catalog page)

http://www.nicksmarineoutdoors.com/NicksMarine_Storefront/asp_StoreFront/FrameSet.asp

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out Murray leather out of Aledo, TX. Their # is 817-441-7480. If they don't have it they can probably make it.

The stuff I've seen has been top quality and Ross Seyfried highly recommends them.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
I agree, Murray makes some very nice leather products for hunters. I have three of their ammo pouches.

------------------
Good Hunting & Hunt Safe,
David

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perfect! My order will go out tomorrow... That's exactly what I wanted!

Many Thanks

Posts: 457 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote