THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Help with Bozeman area Pronghorn Hunt oct 18-19

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Bozeman area Pronghorn Hunt oct 18-19
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
Can anyone recommend a private land antelope hunt near Bozeman? Assume you don't have to draw. Not even sure if there are Pronghorn nearby.

This is last minute and was looking for something for Oct 18-19 for my son and I. We will be in town for a college visit.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had lots of luck calling local Chambers of Commerce re: hunting, esp. in Texas where most all land is private...The folks @ C of Cs are usually well connected locally, esp. with friendly farmers & ranchers...Good luck, Montanans are nice folks (even my mother-in-law!)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you have tags? Antelope is on a draw in MT even for residents. Also, very few atelope around Bozeman. Antelope numbers way down in most of state and many residents didn't draw this year.

Posts: 296 | Location: Clyde Park, MT | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Bozeman is elk, mule deer, grizzly, goat and moose country.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have to put in for Antelope before June 1st and as a non resident have a about a 10% chance for a tag.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

There are plenty of pronghorn around the valleys east and west of Bozeman but as said previously, all MT pronghorn hunting is by draw!

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunt99:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

There are plenty of pronghorn around the valleys east and west of Bozeman but as said previously, all MT pronghorn hunting is by draw!

Plenty is a relative term.

There are some.

It's not like the 500 series areas or Central Wyoming.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Hunter:
Can anyone recommend a private land antelope hunt near Bozeman? Assume you don't have to draw. Not even sure if there are Pronghorn nearby.

This is last minute and was looking for something for Oct 18-19 for my son and I. We will be in town for a college visit.

As a few people have mentioned, you're SOL.

Antelope is by drawing only unless there are some surplus tags available and that is extremely unlikely in that area.

While that area is not known for numbers there are some good antelope there.

Bozeman is a great area and plenty of areas to spend some time hiking or fishing or doing something outdoors.

Go Bobcats!

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote