New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scent Blockers/blocking clothing
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys, and gals, what are some good scent blockers, like to wash your clothes in etc. and some scent locking clothing?

And this might be a stupid question, but as far as deodorant goes, is there a scent blocker or something you can use instead? LIke I saw a powder on cabelas website that you pat on areas you want the scent eliminated, would that be done instead of deodorant? it seems that the deodorant would be the strongest smell that the deer/game would be able to pick up.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I knew an old EX Marine who was a guide in Wyoming, he used to use pine scent air freshner and spray it all over his hunting attire and then place it in a trunk. He would begin doing this a few days before going out and spray them every day. I expect a simple garbage bag would seal in the scent better than a trunk.

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never been a fan of camo or scents...I think stay down wind and move very slowly or not at all...I think deer see movement and color other than white or something like that doesn't seem spook them. White will but I believe that is because the use the white tail to flag danger....Green or earth colors or red/black check, anything that breaks you up works fine...at least for a gun hunter. I have had deer walk pretty close to me sitting on a stump with hat, spurs, chaps and and a feeding horse...

Bow hunters may or may not be the exceptions..I have seen some very successful bow hunters who wear kaki or levis and olive shirts with head net and gloves and they are successfull, who knows...

Maybe camo is hype tripe and brainwash, maybe its not, I don't know, but I don't wear it often.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote