THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Black bear attack in Wis beat with empty gun

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black bear attack in Wis beat with empty gun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Afternoon State News Briefs: Man recovering from black bear attack
piercecountyherald.com ^ | 16 May, 2013 | NA

SILVER CLIFF - A man is said to be recovering after he was attacked by a black bear in Marinette County, and his wife killed the animal by pounding a gun over its head.

Authorities said Gerre Ninnemann saw the bear running after his dog near his cabin at Silver Cliff yesterday. The bear tackled Ninnemann after a chase, and was biting-and-clawing at his back before he ran away. Sheriff’s deputies said he was mauled again. In the meantime, his wife Marie took out a gun but she didn’t know how to load it. So she pounded the weapon over the bear’s head, which let her husband escape. She then pointed the gun at the animal, as the couple backtracked into their cabin. A Marinette County deputy later killed the bear. There was no immediate word on Ninnemann’s condition. The bear was taken to Madison for a necropsy. A state DNR official said the animal was only a year old. Supervisor John Huff says there have only been a few bear attacks of people in Wisconsin in the last few decades.

I prefer bullets in my guns but then I guess any gun is better then no gun.

Wouldn't have that problem with my wife first of all my wife is a very accomplished hunter and shooter and any gun that is easy to grab is loaded.

I saw 4 of last years cubs yesterday I would guess their weigh at 75lbs so I guess a club would work.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote