New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado GMU 10 elk
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My golden ticket came this year in the form of an early rifle tag in Colorado unit 10! Has anyone here done this hunt before?

I've spent multiple days scouting and researched everything I can find on the unit and would like to discuss and gain any insight anyone may have to offer. Thanks.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never hunted there, but, been thru there many times on the hwy. Rolling grass mostly if I recall it right. Early season I don't know about. It's a migration area in the later months though. Do a real good Google earth look see and come up with something you might like.

Get on the CPW site: cpw.state.co.us and look over the big game harvest stats for the past several years. Lot's of info there you can use to judge by.

Best of luck, and lets see your pics and read your story once it's done.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6024 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
David, unit 10 "can" produce the biggest bull in the state each year. Lat time I hunted unit 10, I took a 363" bull. I'd focus on public lands near the Three Springs Ranch / and the Dinosaur National Monument.

Its not a tough unit to hunt, you just have to be sure you know where you are - so get Onx Maps on your GPS.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses guys. This is one of those hunts where I'll never feel 100% prepared for it.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote