THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    introduction to north-american hunting

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

introduction to north-american hunting
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, i m Matthew, i'm a 19 year old passionate hunter from Belgium and new on this forum.
Moose and bears are two fascinating (hunting) animals. But i know so little about them.
Could anyone tell me briefly the difference in weight,karakter(behaviour, potentential dangerousity) best places to find good sized bears,best time for hunting.... for black bear, grizzly bear ,costal brown bear and kodiak bear (and de requested calibre).
p.s can anyone give titles of books or sites with more info and adresses of outfitters

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's two sites for outfitters:

Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia

and

Alberta Professional Outfitters Society

Both BC and Alberta offer good black bear hunting, and BC offers grizzly, and coastal bear hunting as well.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Matthew...........also check out the

Saskatchewan Outfitters Association and the Manitoba Lodges and Outfitters Association websites.

Grizzly/Brown bear hunting is only available now in Alaska, British Columbia, the Yukon and a few special licences in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut for barren ground grizzly.

Black bear are available in virtually every province in Canada (except PEI) and many of the states. There are literally thousands of black bear outfitters.

There are several classifications of moose and they are also available in many areas. Canada and Alaska are the main hunting areas. There is moose hunting in the US's lower 48 but it is by draw and difficult to get a permit.

Another good site to look at is the North American Moose Foundation.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the AR boards Matthew. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote