Tools

what happened here?
 Login/Join

<gamecock>
posted
where did everyone go?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the aliens have finally landed and picked Dubai since it resembled their home world..........

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Peteuk>
posted
Gatogordo,

I suspect that 3B made a post which showed a hint of intellegence and caused the server to crash....Upon reflection, your theory is mor plausable! :-)

Pete

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
It seems that Walter touch something
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PeteUK:

This is your first post and you have already gotten tired of B3? You learn fast.....

Actually, for those religious types among us, I believe that God has gotten tired too....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo:

You can't let a Chilean touch anything! 'Sta?

<Peteuk>
posted
Gatogordo,

No was posting under Pete E before the crash, but the site no longer recognises the password associated with that name...

Pete E

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pete:

I know, just my feeble attempt at humor. Those big expensive servers aren't supposed to do this, but I think B3 caused it, probably in consultation with Walter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Any chance of 'losing' the matchking thread?

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I feared this would happen if Saeed kept bracing the butt of his .577 Tyranosaur against the server.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1894:
Any chance of 'losing' the matchking thread?

One can always hope!

------------------
..Mac >>>===(x)===>
also DUGABOY1
DUGABOY DESIGNS
Collector/trader of fine double rifles, and African wildlife art

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Brad338>
posted
One Word: Sandstorm!

Pete, I had to re-register too...

<Brad338>
posted
Or is that two words...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Anyone else get a appoligy letter from The Hill School and Rifleman13 ?
(also testing my password)

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner,

Yup, got a copy. Talk about a luke-warm apology, though. Oh well, I suppose thirty lashes was too much to ask for? Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
checking password to see if computer still likes me

Posts: 25 | Location: MI USA | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post

Tailgunner & Dutch - How does one view the letter concerning our boarding school brats. You know, the timing of AR's server crash and the problem with the brats sure is coincidental...

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Evidently my password still works

Joel

Posts: 643 | Location: DeRidder, Louisiana USA | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Looks like I might have missed the excitement, did some punk kids hack the server?

------------------

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<magua>
posted
Just checking in.

one of us
posted Hide Post
testing password

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Testing my password

Posts: 407 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote
<338Lapua>
posted
Testing password

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Test.

BBBruce, you are a wonderful human being and have much valuable information to share.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Crap! This site is still messed up. It edits your posts 180 degrees from their real meaning!

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
Broadsword calling Danny Boy.....

It works!

[This message has been edited by Deerdogs (edited 05-21-2002).]

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote
<dennishoddy>
posted
Just checking to see if I can still get on.

------------------
Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, NRA, QU, NAHC

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just checking to see if I can still get in. Is everything gone?
C.G.B.

Posts: 238 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 05 June 2001Reply With Quote
<rockhead2>
posted
Anybody else experiencing trouble with their username and password?

I see longbob is here. how about ScottB and Fred ?

rockhead2 (formerly rockhead)

<David King>
posted
Yeah, my old login name dosen't work, username Dave King & lost password function returns a blank name and password to my email address.

O Well, guess I'll go add to the MatchKing thread.

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
test

Posts: 1532 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockhead2:
Anybody else experiencing trouble with their username and password?

Yep. Had to re-invent myself, my password was no good any longer.

~1000 posts, now back to square one...

Gary Rihn

one of us
posted Hide Post
Too much powder. We may have to back off a few grains or use something bigger!

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
<dcan>
posted
test

one of us
posted Hide Post
For Zero Drift (etal) here is a copy of the e-mail I recieved from the Hill School

Gentlemen,

My name is Chris Hopkins and I am the Assistant Headmaster for Residential Life at The Hill School. I know that one or more of you has been communicating with our director of communications, but I wanted to follow up with some words of my own and with an apology from the two boys involved in your chat room. Indeed, the behavior to which you were subjected does not reflect the expectations that we have of students at this school, and we�ve taken appropriate steps to respond to the inappropriate internet use that these boys exhibited. I hope that their apologies, which appear below, reflect this and demonstrate that these boys have learned well that what they did was not acceptable at this school or anywhere.

I thank you for the admirable way in which you approached this and informed us of the problem, and I trust you�ll not experience anything from these individuals or any other Hill School students in the future.

Regards,

Christopher J. Hopkins

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------------------------------

To all I may have offended,

I apologize for my language and mannerisms while on the web site. I abused the right to post things freely and the right to have internet access all together. By calling a group of people homosexuals I not only harassed that group but I also may have offended any one who might be a homosexual by using that word in a negative way. What I thought to be fun and games was not perceived by others that way. With this experience I have realized to respect others, even if I'm not looking them in the face. The internet is a tool that can aid you in just about anything you wish to use and should not be used as a tool of harassment. Once again I am sorry for my actions, and please trust that this will never happen again.

Sincerely,

MRW

�--�������������-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Users of AccurateReloading.com-

I am very sorry for the inconvenience I have caused you and others on this site. My best friend and roommate is a member of this site and so is another friend of mine. They are fine people and avid hunting enthusiasts. My initial intent upon using the site was to play a joke on them; it turned out to be much worse than that, and for this I am sorry. I definitely learned my lesson about using the internet inappropriately. I did not mean to disrespect your interests in such a way.

I would like to say that my actions are not an indication of the way The Hill School builds character and prepares students for college and life. It is a fine institution and should not take responsibility for what I did. Once again, I am sorry for what had happened. Thank you.

-Mike (rifleman13)

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
<458Wby>
posted
I'm back!!
With a new name, though.
The same cartridge and the same man.

(I use to go by the name 460wby.)

------------------
Shoot well, and hit hard!

Arild Big Grin
(And yes, I'm a NRA member!)

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
TG - Thanks for the post. I'll chalk up their antics as �a severe case of stupidity attributed to an overdose of testosterone poisoning�. I hope they both get laid this Summer. Let�s just hope it's not by a militant, gun toting, transvestite seeking retribution.

[This message has been edited by Zero Drift (edited 05-22-2002).]

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Artemis>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Longbob:
Crap! This site is still messed up. It edits your posts 180 degrees from their real meaning!

Longbob ,
was it that debate started by your Dr. Laura post , which made everything crash ?
So how can you be back with your old user name and be one of the good guys ?
I had to register again and supected , they had thrown me out of the forum
Saeed confirmed , however , that it was not so .
Took the chance to change my name from hornblower to Artemis after getting a polite hint recently , what that name might imply in English ... ( although I only chose it , because I blow a hunting horn and never heard of the rest )
Maybe it �s not too bad to have a new start after those hot debates .
BTW , where did Scott find that ugly scarecrow in black leather , before the whole forum disappeared ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to get me a new username two,...so am i one of the bad boys ???????
Don�t hope so....
solong
konst#1
aka konst

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Mats>
posted
This is a pressure sign for sure...

-- Mats