THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Polar Bear hunt avail. this fall (importable)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Polar Bear hunt avail. this fall (importable)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted
I know of a Polar Bear hunt avail. this fall (importable) in Nov., 2007

The hunt was booked and now the fellow can't go. The hunt is up for bids and i heard if it hits 50 grand, he'll sell it. He's been offered 45 so far.

I hunted caribou with the outfitter last year and he does run an awsome business. He sent me pics. after last years hunts and he took some whoppers.

The bears are importable and it's only a 2 hr flight from Winnipeg.

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Imagine the safari or world travel with hunting and fishing 50 grand would buy. As much as I'd dearly love to chase one, he can keep his PB hunt.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted Hide Post
Yeah.....................50 grand would be nice to spend on one hunt. I can only dream!!!
Today is the luckiest day of the year, supposedly (777). Might have to buy a lottery ticket.

Also heard the winner of the New Mexico sheep tag is selling it. Can take either a Rocky Mtn. bighorn or Desert sheep with the tag and that's starting at $70,000.00. Whew!!!!

Can go to Mexico i think for around 50 grand for a Desert if i'm not mistaken.

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
Life Member NRA

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've researched Polar Bear hunts and you can book one for around 24K. And that is for an importable bear as well.I wonder what makes this one worth twice the going rate?

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PB hunts do not cost 50k. It's bad enough without someone trying to make money on a hunt deposit that he cannot complete. I'm surprised the company allows him to do that.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted Hide Post
I think the reason that this one is going for 50k is that the USFWS has guranteed that the bears from this area will be importable this year (none of which might be importable after this year if the tree huggers get their way) and then i would imagine all other polar bear hunts for this year are booked. Most are booked 3-4 years in advance aren't they?

Would be prett much guaranteed an importable bear!!

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
Life Member NRA

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
It has a lot to do with supply and demand, like many things in life. We don't always think it is fair when we exist in the middle income bracket, but as long as there are US hunters (and about 90 %of the overseas or international hunters are from the US) willing and able to pay the going rate, some things will remain out of reach for the vast majority of us.

The cost of operation on some hunts also places them in the high income bracket.

Polar bear, bongo, mtn. nyala, big 4 in Tanzania, Markhor, desert and rocky mountain bighorn..........these species and more will always be out of reach of the average hunter, even if they are careful with their pennies.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1810 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Understood but they still don't cost 50k. Even though importable hunts are in danger (nothing new there), it gripes me for a hunter to make money off of a hunt that he can not go on. Ok, I feel better now.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote