New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bigfoot ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
So let's say you're elk hunting in the Pacific Northwest and myth turns into reality and out steps a Bigfoot. Do you shoot or not ?

Posts: 1295 | Location: 3rd Planet from the Sun | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It would depend on whether or not it was a B. & C. trophy Bigfoot. I wouldn't want to have a mediocre Bigfoot mount in my trophy room.

L.W.

Posts: 253 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot one once, but by the time I drug it out, there was nothing left of it!

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The real answer is... yes! Now it may take some time to get it taxidermed but it would be worth it. BTW since you would have the only recovered and scored B&C Bigfoot, it would be a B&C Bigfoot.

This also goes for Aliens trying to make peace... If one raises its hand in a gesture of good will, send a Nosler partition through 'em, best you can tell where its vitals are. Don�t know if the skin will keep on our planet, but you can add the photos to the old hunting album.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can't cause they don't exist. If they did exist I wouldn't shoot one unless there was enough to sustain a hunting season. Since there isn't any open seasons I think you might get arrested. I don't think we will have to worry about that though.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my state, it would not be illegal. You would need a general hunting lic. but thats it. In some units you wouldnt be able to hunt them while deer and Elk season was going on, but thats just about it.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
Not me...They haven't killed yet if they exist and I'll save my thoughts on that from someone know one would question till later.....

Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

So let's say you're elk hunting in the Pacific Northwest and myth turns into reality and out steps a Bigfoot. Do you shoot or not ?

Only if my state issued me a tag for it. I guess that would be a good reason for packing along a digital camera, in addition to my .270WSM.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In BC it would be illegal to shoot one which is good news for my partner who's about as hairy as a Bigfoot and could easily be mistaken for one at night when he goes out for a leak!
Dave

Posts: 74 | Location: Nanaimo,BC,Canada | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was at a game check on the clearwater during elk season a few years ago and heard a game warden tell two guys that bigfoot is federaly protected. The two guys where talking about a local siteing. I hunt areas where bigfoot supossedly lives and have thought about an encounter, I would only shoot one if I felt I was in danger.

Jamie

Posts: 109 | Location: Washington | Registered: 18 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
So far there have only been those fuzzy videos of him. I think if I saw him, I'd shoot him to prove he exists. The problem is if it's some stupid kid pulling a prank and you hammer him, well, you have some problems now. I don't see how something nobody has hard evidence for can be protected.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I'd shoot him to prove he exists

But would you really want to prove they exist ? Because the petition to list them under the Endangered Species Act would be raced through the courts and who knows how many millions of acres designated as critical habitat.

It would be very interesting to see what the fallout would be if one of these things was verified.

Posts: 1295 | Location: 3rd Planet from the Sun | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You "trophy" hunters are completely missing the point. B&C this, trophy room that, sasquatch grand slam, blah blah blah. The most important thing here is that space aliens and sasquatch both taste like chicken.

Migra

Posts: 137 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 04 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

I wonder if big foot would tast like chicken, Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I guess you guys in the west need something to believe in, after all, we have people here that think mountain lions exist in Maine. MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
Migra -"The most important thing here is that space aliens and sasquatch both taste like chicken."

Migra, is that marinated in a fine garlic, herb, and red wine sauce and grilled, or is that rolled in spiced flour and deep fried in hot peanut oil??

L.W.

Posts: 253 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to say there is a Big Foot but I was working back past Hazard lake at the end of the road on the Salmon River Breaks and the woods boss came home one evening after dark(we were all camped out)and said he saw what looked like an 8-foot Ape or even a Bear walking on its hind legs just below our clear cut?A big scrapper that wasn't drinking.Who's to say but know one questioned him.

We also have a look out called "Pilots Peak" just off the Salmon River headed towards Big Creek.The Forest Service has had several look out people walk off the mountain because of what they say is a large black creature on two legs walking the perimiter in the evening?Who's to say but both places are very remote and it's horse hunting for sure.Very steep and timbered with lots of wildlife especially Elk.

UFO's Bigfoot etc.I have know idea.But these two places had reports by people who normally wouldn't make up such a story..

Best of luck.......Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Maineguide, there probably are cougars in Maine. They been pretty much verified in Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick. I watched one in N.B. many others saw it also. Plaster casts were made of its tracks and lots of other tracks were found in the area. At the time I couldn't believe it either but after moving west I've seen several since and tons of tracks. This was about 25 years ago.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kill him? Why on earth would anyone want to do that? I'd rather capture his ass and bring him back to my apartment; down in the basement he'd go. After several months of careful brainwashing and subsequent tutelage, Bob (his new name) would become the world's finest bird dog. I hunt waterfowl very seriously, and where I am it can get pretty raw in deep winter. Crashing through icy water to get after birds is fun, but can get kinda' hairy sometimes. That'd be where old Bob would come in. The big bastard would be tailor made for that stuff, what with that shaggy coat of his. After he mastered retrieving 101, I'd start him on pushing deer to me. As long as he progressed well, hell, I'd start giving him leave. No one would notice a thing. Put him in leather and on a Harley he'd fit right in.

Leighton

Posts: 142 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 15 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I'd rather capture his ass and bring him back to my apartment

I can't help but notice you're from Massachusetts.........

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah. My wife would take care of the regular Alpo feedings while I'm off at work. Wide open, here, so I'll head you off at the pass: Bob would be always be chained, face down, in my absence.

Leighton

Posts: 142 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 15 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Idaho has a law protecting them if they do exist.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
I used to think that I would shoot in the name of science. I believe bigfoot is protected in Washington State also. With jail time and a big fine.

This is my favorite picture of him.

http://the-sisterhood.tripod.com/walkingwithgiants/id4.html

BUT IF HE IS JUST GOING TO STAND THERE LOOKING STUPID I WOULD HAVE TO PASS ON THE SHOT AND BE CONTENT WITH KNOWING FOR MYSELF THAT HE DOES EXIST.< !--color-->

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
your link to the pic says I'm not authorized to view it.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Still looks like the average Southern Oregon, dope growing, dope smoking, welfare collecting HIPPIE to me. 4000 acid trips later..............

But this defuses my theory that they don't ever take a bath.
See we all can't be right all of the time.

Cheers and Good shooting ( But not at "Big Foot")
seafire

PS: Since all of the Animal Rights Activists get their Wildlife Information via Walt Disney, such as Bambi or the Lion King,
does that mean that Big Foot Does exist as He was in my son's video on the GOOFY MOVIE?

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love heading out hunting at 3:30 in the morning listening to Art Bell talk about Bigfoot in Southern Oregon. Almost any Oregon native old timer will go on and on about all there friends and sometimes their personal bigfoot sightings. I personally know about a half dozon folks that claim to have seen one or more. Now I spend more time in the woods than almost anyone else I know, and I sure have never seen the hairy monster. I tend to think bigfoot is an Alien tending his pot patch. All he really wants to do is just cool out and fire one up.

Posts: 135 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote