Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado GMU 43 deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of odyssey
posted
I'm hoping to get feedback from anyone that has experience hunting GMU 43 BLM lands. If successful in the draw I would be going for deer during the 2nd season. I've been considering the Maroon Bells area.

I'm really interested in good access points, I've heard this area takes a bit of effort but I'm willing to travel if need be.

Thanks for any advise

Posts: 44 | Location: League city, TX | Registered: 21 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Can be a tough hunt during the rifle season. I prefer the early hunts in august and september. Normally by 2nd season the deer get into the trees and if there is any weather it can push them down onto private if they aren't there already. There are big deer there but they are hard to find and tough to kill during rifle season

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 with Drum. The land situation makes it tough. The deer know where they are safe and usually move there after the first freeze. Good luck!

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote