Find
Notify
Tools

Missoula area realtor
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know a Missoula realtor?

I have the chance to move that way in the next few months.

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Missoula housing is expense , also a liberal swamp. It is not an example of the rest of the state but Bozeman is catching up to Missoula.

Posts: 371 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last place on earth I would want to live is Bozeman or Missoula. Montana is changing to New York or California too fast . But city people are loving and changing it to where they came from. I would rethink your move.

Posts: 296 | Location: Clyde Park, MT | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I moved to the Bitterroot south of Missoula 3 years ago (escaped from a communist country that is not North Korea). We love it here. Happy to chat about the area and may have a realtor recommendation, depending on what price level house you are looking for

Brad

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am being considered for a sales job centered in Missoula, but including polson and seeley lake.

I’m trying to get out of Kentucky, so where I live in Montana is not a huge concern.

Posts: 1280 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Despite all the talk, Missoula is a great town and outdoors is awesome
Have a many hunter friends in Missoula and I do some shopping and business there as well
And as others suggested, anywhere outside of city limits is good places to consider as well
If you move here, you simply gonna love it and never leave…

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DIs:
Last place on earth I would want to live is Bozeman or Missoula.

I detect some excessive drama in that response....but Clyde Park is honestly an awesome place. Lots of people have moved to Montana, but we had the biggest red wave ever last election, so didn't turn blue in spite of expectations.

Missoula is a great town, have several friends who live there and I go for my job quite a bit. If you can afford a house, I suspect you'll love it.

Polson, not so much, but check it out for yourself. I don't know about Seeley.

No matter what, hope you make it out here and you'll have a ton of recreation wherever you land.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Missoula=SanFrancisco
Bozeman=Bozeangelos

Look at Lewistown as it is a beautiful small community. Albeit, the winters can be cold. Stay away from the major population centers as they are very liberal and getting worse. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
To stay with the trend..

If you want a good steak, drive south to the Skalkaho Steak House in Hamilton and order the T-bone.

Oh wait, you asked about a realtor. Roll Eyes

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Writer:
To stay with the trend..

If you want a good steak, drive south to the Skalkaho Steak House in Hamilton and order the T-bone.

Oh wait, you asked about a realtor. Roll Eyes

Tbone down Skalkaho…yes
Also great elk area

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would stay away for reservation towns.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Keep in my mind, whether it's Missoula, Bozeman, or even Boise for that matter 15 or 20 miles outside of those cities can be completely different than within the city itself.

Heck even just 15 feet outside the city limit and into the county can make a difference in what can impact your life.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Mike just said.

I used to live 15 miles out side of Durango, which is trying very hard to be the next Boulder, Berkeley, Madison. Once I left the city limits I was in the mountains in a great house with all the outdoor wonders Colorado has to offer. I'd imagine Montana would be the same.

You can make your own paradise.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

I would stay away for reservation towns.

Concur, isn't Clyde a Res town too?

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Clyde Park is in Shields valley nowhere near res
Awesome area east of Livingstone

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We recently stayed in Missoula for a couple of days, reminded me of just about every college town. Lots of construction activity going on. If you are interested, eat/drink at Conflux restaurant downtown, good food and service, it seemed like a lot fishing/river guides hanging out and reliving their day on the river. If you are into drinking tea (my wife) there are some good tea shops downtown. Don't forget to try a huckleberry milkshake. Good luck on your move if it happens.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your work is centered in the Flathead and Bitteroot Valleys, there are lots of small communities to live in. All the way from the Canadian Border to Hamilton, Montana.

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Clyde Park is in Shields valley nowhere near res
Awesome area east of Livingstone

Not sure what I was thinking, I went to high school in Deer Lodge. I haven't thought about Montana geography in a long time obviously.

Roman, Arlee, St. Ig is what I was thinking about as reservation towns. Deer Lodge and the Flathead Valley res-towns were in the same district for high school sports. I have spent a lot of time in all of them 30 years ago. Wouldn't live there today.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the insight and pm’s.

I have interviewed for the position, we will see what happens.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent yesterday.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1513 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote