Find
Notify
Tools

December bulls and bucks?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted
What states have big game hunting during the traditional Christmas break for school?

Thinking about teaching history, since I have a degree in it, and there are a few jobs around.

Though you kind of get stuck working most of the hunting season, I rekon that at least a few states have hunting during the 2 week break that kids are out for school.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Iowa late Muzzleloader season...whitetails

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Texas has whitetail and then all the "other" species like elk, aoudad, hog and axis that roam most of the hill country and West Texas free range.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
Texas has whitetail and then all the "other" species like elk, aoudad, hog and axis that roam most of the hill country and West Texas free range.

Perry

No horns, but Utah has cow elk permits that run through January

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Late season cow tags in Wyoming also

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
again with late season cows here. there are also late season white tail only and/or plains only hunts, hard to get tags though

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Arizona has Rifle Coues Whitetail, mid december through end of the year. Will take 4-8 points to draw, though.
If you're a bowhunter, Archery Coues and Mule deer, mid december through the end of January, on an over the counter tag.

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
You can Muzzleload hunt whitetail and mule deer during the month of December in Nebraska and Tags are over the counter with a 2 buck limit.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck finding a job teaching history. There are many more applicants than jobs available. Math and science are the fields where teaching jobs are most available.

Posts: 662 | Location: NW Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian,

What do non-res tags run for those late ML hunts? Might need to get in on some of that action!

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MileHighShooter:
Brian,

What do non-res tags run for those late ML hunts? Might need to get in on some of that action!

Non residents pay $209 for the tag and $20 for a once a year habitat stamp, each Muzzleloader tags usually includes a bonus anterless tag as long as it is a whitetail. Like I said you can get 2 buck tags per year. Lots of really good public and forest land to hunt but you really have to hunt hard.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sagebrush Burns:
Good luck finding a job teaching history. There are many more applicants than jobs available. Math and science are the fields where teaching jobs are most available.

I am finishing my masters and have disabled veterans preference. Not really worried about it.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've done some late season hunts for whitetail bucks in eastern Colorado around Christmas time. And they still have some elk seasons open then too but they will be cow hunts. Bulls are closed by then.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote