THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    whats the rut looking like in your area.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

whats the rut looking like in your area.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I havent been home for quite a while, but last i heard the rut was peaking while it was cold. However the past week has been extremely warm for Nov. in VA. Average temp. would be close to 60 some degrees. Do you think that this warm weather could have put the rut on hold for a little b/c the deer are not moving as much? Whats the rut looking like in other parts of the country.

Posts: 121 | Location: Central VA | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
I'm over here in the Shenandoah Valley. If we aren't sweating up a storm we're getting washed off the side of the mountain.

Went out last weekend/first day and saw a doe. Now I know there's more there but after she bedded down just 60 or so yards from me and stayed there for 4 hours (until the wind moved around and she caught my scent) my butt was so sore... [Wink]

Seriously, little horning over here and I've not found a scrape worth mentioning. I've yet to put horns on any deer... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yea here in Harrisonburg the whole campus flooded rom that storm a few days ago. Im coming back tues. so i hope the big boys are out.

Posts: 121 | Location: Central VA | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
weak to non existant,80 stinking degrees here in Houston area,Sean

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted the Northern Zone of NY, Tug hill in October, saw no scapes, and deer were not moving. The 17,18 + 19 of Nov I hunted in the monsoon that hit the southern Tier. You only saw a deer if you put on drive and kicked one out of bed. I am hunting in Nelson and Amhearst co VA Thanksgiving week and hope it gets better. Good luck to all.

Posts: 66 | Location: York PA | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've spent several days over the past three weeks in the woods of western Maryland (NW of Harrisonburg VA) and have seen virtually no sign of rutting activity. Several doe sightings and they did not seemed to be pressured at all. Very few buck rubs and only a couple of half-hearted looking scrapes. The only real bright spot during these days afield was that I did get a quick glimpse of a Bobcat today, my first. [Smile]

Posts: 226 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here in Eastern Ky. the bucks were chasing the does right out in the open, roads included on 11/16 & 11/17.

Posts: 260 | Location: ky. | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
<mike aw>
posted
I spent all of last week with the exception of the Wed flood in Bath Cty VA and I have never seen as little rut sign in the 18 years I've hunted this property. I did see one new scrape that was made Friday sometime between 12 and 4pm. The bucks don't seem to be running the does and I just dont have any idea what is going on.

posted Hide Post
notta nothing ZIP. Not a scape anywhere no bucks chaseing deer either.

Posts: 174 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 14 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The rut is on in northwest PA. I have nearly hit deer with my car three times this week. A good sized buck ran in front of me in broad daylight Thursday, a sure sign in our area.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BHW
posted Hide Post
South Eastern part of SC was a very short and unproductive rut. Hoping for a second rut in the next week or two. Hasn't been that cold for a sustained period of time top really the deer excited.

On the other hand was in Norht Central SD mulee hunting first week of November. It had been record hot two weeks before, when we touched down we had 20 degree temperatures and 5" of snow. I was in heaven. The bucks had their noses fresh on the heels of the does. Think we hit it in the absolute PEAK. Everyone killed their mulee first day, including the outfitter who took the best one.

Posts: 261 | Location: Duncan, SC | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote