New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question, SAT Style
 Login/Join

<Red Green>
posted
The 130 gr. bullet is to the .270 Winchester as the ______ gr. bullet is to the 9.3x62mm Mauser.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Red Green (edited 03-13-2002).]

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Would the answer be 286?

Posts: 1535 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The math suggests 172. Why?

------------------
RC

Posts: 1147 | Location: Ohio USA | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
I'm too tired for math,but it seems to me,that a 240gr or so projectile,would closely resemble the 130's SD value(.242).

That is how I'd equate the comparison..........

<Red Green>
posted
Sorry guys, it's not a math question, it's an analogy question. Sorta like, kilometer is to length as kilogram is to weight. I should have posted my question more plainly, but somehow my question made sense to me at the time. I posted it during a caffeine high.

My reason for posting the question is that I'm interested in a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 and am wondering about the most common bullet weight for the cartridge. I understand that every cartridge has a bullet weight range, but I wanted to know the most common.

Sorry for the confusion, and I appreicate the help.

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Red -
I think Speer makes a 270 grain semi-spitzer and Norma has a 286 grainer (maybe a 232 grain too?). Don't know where any of those fit into your equation.

Ray Atkinson is a real 9.3 aficionado. See if you can find him - he'll help you out.
R-WEST

------------------
"the spotlight of truth will cause the cockroaches of deceit to run for cover every time"
Rush Limbaugh

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Finn Aagaard did a comparison for handloader, the 286 came out on top.

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Keeping with the SAT theme, 18.5 grams would be the correct answer.

Posts: 1243 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote