New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oklahoma Controlled Hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Oklahoma controlled hunt apps are out on line. I've been putting in for elk for 20 years and haven't hit yet. Maybe this is my year

Don't let your fears get in the way of your dreams

Posts: 142 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
I haven't been putting in nearly that long--I suppose I don't have a chance. I can't even get drawn for the archery hunt at the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant. However, I'm going to keep putting in for both. Good luck--hope you get drawn. Smiler

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
I was drawn out two years ago for the Elk hunt and drew a deer tag at Ft. Supply last year. The Elk tag took me 13 yrs worth of points so OK hunter should be good. I shot a good 6x6 around 300 inchs but a younger guy went in deep and came out with a 400 class bull 7x8. The area is VERY hard to get into with all the hugh boulders and rocks you have to climb on. However we were seeing 30-50 5x5 or better bulls every day

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rob1SG

I have 13 points as of last year I hope your right. If I get pulled I'll buy lunch if you don't mind telling me all the in and outs before I go.

Thanks

Don't let your fears get in the way of your dreams

Posts: 142 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
OK hunter, Thats a deal I can't pass up. Just let me know where and when. PM me and I'll give you my phone number.
Rob

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I only have about 7-8 points, so I probably don't have a snow ball's chance in hell. Maybe some year though?

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
If anyone gets drawn I'd be happy to assist them with the carry out. I'm retiring in June so I have all the time in the world and I'd love to get back in there again.PM me if you get drawn.
Rob