THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Florida Red Neck tries to kiss Cottonmouth

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida Red Neck tries to kiss Cottonmouth
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
https://www.outdoorhub.com/new...e-hospitalized-bite/

From Article
“He took it out, put it on his chest and it was acting funny, and it jumped up and got him,” said Jason Belcher, who witnessed the attack. “He ripped it off his face, threw it on the ground and he started swelling up immediately. It was pretty frightening.”

Darwin's theory of natural selection. Mother Nature has a way of taking out animals that lack intelligence so they will not pass on these traits to their offspring.
Imagine if your kids had peer groups that included people like this red neck.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Forrest Gump said it best . . .

Stoopid is, as STOOPID does!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dumbass

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never underestimate the Florida Man Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
"Hey Earl, hold my beer and watch this!" hilbily

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2813 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are some dumb ass crackers out there . No, that was not a racial comment.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who you callin' cracker, honky!? I'm offended. dancing

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Appalachian Red Necks are about the same. People in this video scare me more than the snakes. Check out the guy in the red pants and white shoes. He looks like a cross between Cousin Eddy and Jeffery Dahmer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nl_8r7WG3g4

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
Appalachian Red Necks are about the same. People in this video scare me more than the snakes. Check out the guy in the red pants and white shoes. He looks like a cross between Cousin Eddy and Jeffery Dahmer.

You're missing the point.....some guy was wondering how do we weed out some of the dumbest cretins among us and had an epiphany....venomous snake handling in church!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember when I was a young teenager, I was out frog gigging one night in a swampy area. I saw a willow tree that leaned out over the water and I thought to myself "That is a good spot for a big old frog to be sitting."

I leaned way out, using one arm to hold on the tree, and there in my headlight was the biggest water moccasin I have ever seen. That ole snake opened his mouth wide and in the light of my headlamp it was as bright as the end of time.

I don't mess with snakes.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Darwin always gets his due.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48226676

The family now wants compulsory rabies vaccination for travelers to the Phillipines. Confused

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Killed two coperheads in the yard at one of the lodges this year. Reason whywe killed them is because I have a three year old son, five puppies and six other dogs. If it is poisonous and anywhere near where my dogs and I live, then I will do my best to kill it.

Hutty, a fellow AR Member and I saw four different Cottonmouths in one place on the Roanoke two Sundays ago. We saw one that was extremely large. I see snakes most everyday but do not bother them unless they are a threat. Have black snakes all around my barns and lodges and welcome them. Normally they will keep away other snakes. I do wear snake boots most everywhere I go if the grass is over six inches. Another reason I do this is because my snake boots stay loaded with permethrin. Lets face it, ticks are the real danger!

I do not like Snakes but I have had good luck with being in close proximity to venomous snakes. Below are some examples.

Years ago a cottonmouth bit the side of my boot and his fang got stuck on my pant seam. Talk about shaking a leg.
In 2010, A small cooperhead got into my hip boots while I was still wearing them. It was early goose season and client stepped and pinned the snake down when I took my boot off.
In 2014, I stepped on a Mozambique Spitting Cobra in Zimbabwe. Tracker told me to stay put and he pinned the snake down with shooting sticks while I ran away like a little school girl.
In 2015, I saw my first Black Mamba in the wild while hunting in the Kalahari. He was in a hay bail next to where the boys were cleaning animals.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Play stupid games...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Florida Man" has become a thing online..
google Florida Man and all sorts of crazy stories will come up...

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poyntman:
"Florida Man" has become a thing online..
google Florida Man and all sorts of crazy stories will come up...

Never underestimate the stupidity of the Florida man - and he is race and immigration status and gender neutral. He/she is the amazing product of the most f@cked up place in the world.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From a lecture given to my SAR team, I learned that most venomous snake bites were to the face, and that invariably "some alcohol was involved."

Seems that ingesting a great deal of alcohol can lure one into doing stupid things.

Who would have guessed?

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B L O'Connor:
From a lecture given to my SAR team, I learned that most venomous snake bites were to the face, and that invariably "some alcohol was involved."

Seems that ingesting a great deal of alcohol can lure one into doing stupid things.

Who would have guessed?

That is interesting. It would be interesting to see an analysis of all bites to see where they came from geographically. I have to wonder if hilly/mountainous terrain have anything to do with the face bites?

Most of the bites I hear about around here are on the hand or below the knee. It is flat around here.

I have shot hogs with a crossbow that ran off into a swamp. I said the hell with them because I was not going to crawl on my hands and knees and get bitten in the face. I figure I am ugly enough as it is.

My wife is a hand surgeon. She has described to me in great detail the surgery she has had to perform after a moccasin bite to save the limb. It ain't my idea of a good time. It was horrendous. One patient she described went from being jovial to in unbearable pain in less than an hour.

They are no joke.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, steep terrain may increase the number of face bites. Here where we live in souhern Oregon adjacent to the Kalmiopsis, the terrain is very, very steep. However, the person who gave the lecture (a paramedic, a member of the RAT team and as smart, competent and tough as she could be) did mention that many face bites happened on the road. Her “ferinstance” was a boozed up person sees a snake on the road, decides to prove he’s tough, and tries to kiss it. (Where have we heard this before?)

Personally I know of only one venomous snake bite, and that was to the hand.

Back in the middle ’70s, a crazy guy in my department had about a dozen or so snakes of several different species which he milked for their venom. He both did research on the venom and sold it.

He was pretty casual about how he kept them, as in unlocked, glass-doored cabinets meant to store lab glassware(!). I don’t know how he got away with that, but our chairman knew about it and did nothing to stop him. At first. In spite of complaints, one of which had to do with "Jim" releasing a bushmaster in a room, with a student present.

One day he got a little too cavalier about the milking process and one of his charges nailed him on the hand. He, too, found the experience exceptionally painful and spent several days the hospital.

As if the bite wasn’t bad enough, when he was discharged he felt the need to dig around in the healing wound with his pocket knife (did I mention that he was crazy?). He infected the wound and ended up losing a finger.

The straw that broke the camel’s (=chairman’s) back was when a summer student of mine informed me that she’d just seen a snake in the hallway. Turned out to be a coral snake whose cabinet door hadn’t been fully closed.

After that, “Jim” was "invited" to remove his snakes to a proper facility . . .

True story.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have had our share of idiots around here as well.

About 100 miles from here, a guy had a cobra. I can't remember the species nor if it was licensed. It escaped and has not been found.

Another guy locally had a cobra as well as some other poisonous snakes. The cobra escaped and was found under a neighbors washing machine.

An appraiser I was just working with on a project told me about paying a large premium on the house next door. His neighbor was raising albino rattlesnakes and another species of venomous snake that I don't recall at the moment.

Total insanity.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Dumbass is a candidate for a Darwin Award.

Posts: 3916 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:

You're missing the point.....some guy was wondering how do we weed out some of the dumbest cretins among us and had an epiphany....venomous snake handling in church!

A copperhead bite is how I first met my wife. I was between Senior year of high school and freshmen year of college. I was working on a rock quarry owned by the man who would become my father in law. I was inside a screen and was working on my back beating the cemented rock dust off the screen. I reached behind me out past my head. I got hit right between the knuckles of my first and second hand.

He had been in town to watch his daughter play golf. The foreman had called him. After the golf match he came by the hospital to check on me and brought his daughter.

I think Apostle Paul would have been proud of that.

Posts: 12259 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes he would. Good ending to that story.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately , Every geographical region in the USA has a variation of this individual.

Posts: 736 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:
Unfortunately , Every geographical region in the USA has a variation of this individual.

Stop gloating!

They are everywhere!

I just LOVE stupid people! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68789 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote