Find
Notify
Tools

Need N. American Guide Recomendation
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted
My dad, myself and a friend of ours want to go on a guided elk hunt next fall/winter. I'd like something on horseback, but that's not really a necessary.

We'd like to go to Montana, Wyoming, Colorado or something in that area. Price range is 3 to 4,000. We'd like a first-class hunt, but not at the expense of selling organs

If any of you have recomendations about who we should think about talking to, I'd appreciate it. We realize that you'd better book it as far in advance as possible.

Thanks again for any responses!

------------------
It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still there. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends...Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound men with their hearts in a safe-deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards.

- Edward Abbey

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I went once with Jack Hooker ( White Tail Ranch, Ovando, MT ). Good hunt. I don't know who runs it now; he's retired last I knew. They hunted Danaher Creek and Scapegoat, back then.

Tom

Posts: 14631 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote