Find
Notify
Tools

Turning 50 what would you book ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
Congrats Two Canoes! I agree with spending the inheritance. Might as well hit the grave broke. A life threatening illness has changed my outlook about things real fast. This year, my 50th, I went on a buff hunt to Tanzania. I'll be 51 in a few days and have booked a red stag hunt with my brother in NZ this next Arpil and if I make it, another Africa trip is in store for 2007. You can't take anything with you when you die but you can leave a lot of real nice memories (plus a lot of taxidermy) behind for the people you love.

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the same thing as I'll be 50 in April. I'm still in pretty good shape, and run a mile and a half per day, so I am thinking dall sheep as I am just on the borderline of having the stamina to do it. I will be good enough for brown bear and cape buff for a good 20-30 years yet with a little luck.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also told some friends the other day if I was 75 and terminally ill, I'd take my savings and take my son and grandson on an elephant hunt and give them something to remember other than an old man in a nursing home soiling his pants. I'd rather die broke facing a lion or elephant, brown bear etc.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote