New
Find
Notify
Tools

Antelope hunts'06 Bow and Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We have filled all the slots on our ranch in Kaycee this year. We have several openings for antelope in Gillette left though. If you have not made a plan for '06 perhaps this private ground hunt is for you. You should see literally hundreds of antelope each day and be able to look over many respectable bucks. You also can take 2 aditional does for the $29 ea. tag fee. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a fall '06 hunt for under $2000.

Contact me anytime for references and further info.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12937 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
What's the season for a rifle hunter?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I think that if you do a little homework, you would find that hunters would be allowed to take two buck antelope, and four doe/fawn goats in some of those Gillette hunt areas. Many of those hunt areas allow guys to purchase another buck tag after the draw if there is left over tags...seems that there always is.
Would the hunt cost be the same if a hunter took two bucks?

MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sevens,

We can take one party at a time on the ranch throughout October starting on the first of the month.

MG

The hunt offer is 3 days hunting to include 1 buck and 2 doe antelope. This allows the outfitter to manage the herd for sustained yield of decent mature antelope and a good doe to buck ratio which is his goal. This is not a high volume get every dollar from each season operation so the liberal state bag limit is somewhat irrelevant in this case.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12937 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, what does this outfitter consider to be a mature antelope, and what is his buck doe ratio?

MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
MG,

Let me put it this way. The smallest antelope in horn length that his clients killed last year was on my hunt. The antelope was only 13' but had freaky 7"+ cutters that stuck almost straight out the side. It was the client's choice to take the shot and he was very happy with his buck. Other than that 14" was the minimum horn length.

As for doe to buck ratio he tries for 1 to 1 but that depends alot on what is happening on neighboring proerties. Clients did comment to me that they were very impressed with the amount of undisturbed bucks they saw.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Do you have pics of the antelope? I'd really like to see the cutters.

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sevens

I just brought the pics BTT. Take a look.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, which outfitter is this, and are they north or south of Gillette??

MG

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if it helps anybody out - my son and me were onwith cal taylor last year (at a different ranch) had a 1st class antelope hunt, shot a couple of 14" bucks and a couple of does for the freezer, we're going back again this year.if you go here be prepared to see hundreds of antelope

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MG

What butchloc said. I'd love to discuss all the details with anyone interested in a hunt.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Mark. It would not be very smart for me to pay $2000 for an antelope hunt, when I could hunt antelope in WY for 10 years for that much on public land, and have just as good a chance at killing a trophy goat. I do think, that for a nonresident who does want a chance at drawing a license, this would be a good deal.
MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
MG

Actually the hunts are not $2000. I said under $2000. Yes! You are right these hunts are not directed at WY residents but nonresidents looking for a 99% chance at the draw and a private land hunt with little hunting pressure.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually Mark, you're wrong with the drawing odds. I believe it is 100% for nonresidents! Big Grin

MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
That be true.

DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

100% on anything sounds too much like a guarantee. S**** happens......

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Madgoat:
Thanks for the info Mark. It would not be very smart for me to pay $2000 for an antelope hunt, when I could hunt antelope in WY for 10 years for that much on public land, and have just as good a chance at killing a trophy goat. I do think, that for a nonresident who does want a chance at drawing a license, this would be a good deal.
MG

I was thinking the exact same thing and I am not a WY resident. I have hunted in the Gillette area for several years and would not pay $200 let alone $2000 to hunt private property for antelope or deer.

The fees to hunt a lousy goat (and other big game) are getting way out of hand!

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
douglast,
If you have an area to hunt and are consistantly successful there, that is great. Most people that book a hunt with us...
A. Aren't familiar with the area and don't have time to scout it.
B. Don't want to compete with other hunters, or have to deal with them.
C. Like to be able to look over alot of different antelope in a relaxed setting.
D. Don't like shooting 300 to 500 yards at usually running antelope.

We hunt in numbers an a manner that keeps our herds very good and not nearly as wild as hunting public ground. It is not uncommon for me to show a hunter over a hundred different bucks in the course of a three day hunt. Thats correct, I said BUCKS. There are very few places that you can do that on public land any more. I in turn also pay a considerable amount to the ranchers that I deal with, and much of that goes back into habitat improvements (more water etc.) and with some other income besides cattle, they can run fewer cattle and vastly improve range conditions, which in turn creates a better place for antelope and deer. The public lands in our areas are literally wiped out every year for both deer and antelope, there are too many hunters for the areas involved. But since some of us manage our herds, our spillover is what replenishes the public lands every year. I realize that paid hunting isn't for everyone, and am not trying to sell you on it, but there are benefits, both for those that are payiing to hunt, and those that chose to hunt on their own on public lands.

Center of the Nation Outfitters

Posts: 39 | Location: Gillette Wy. | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cal;

E. In many cases a Hunter's time ='s money, sometimes lots of it.

Good post.
DB

Posts: 1370 | Location: Home but going back. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks,

Since this topic seems to have attracted so much attention I am going to unashamedly (is that a word) take advantage of it. This hunt that is being dicussed is also available for bowhunters and in fact one property is all set up for it with permanent blinds at water holes etc. Cal Taylor the outfitter is an accomplished archer himself so he understands the special needs of bow hunters. The bow hunts cost the same as the rifle hunts but are for 5 days rather than the 3. We still have several openings in September. Draw is historically 100%.

Contact me anytime more info.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cal Taylor:
douglast,
If you have an area to hunt and are consistantly successful there, that is great. Most people that book a hunt with us...
A. Aren't familiar with the area and don't have time to scout it.
B. Don't want to compete with other hunters, or have to deal with them.
C. Like to be able to look over alot of different antelope in a relaxed setting.
D. Don't like shooting 300 to 500 yards at usually running antelope.

We hunt in numbers an a manner that keeps our herds very good and not nearly as wild as hunting public ground. It is not uncommon for me to show a hunter over a hundred different bucks in the course of a three day hunt. Thats correct, I said BUCKS. There are very few places that you can do that on public land any more. I in turn also pay a considerable amount to the ranchers that I deal with, and much of that goes back into habitat improvements (more water etc.) and with some other income besides cattle, they can run fewer cattle and vastly improve range conditions, which in turn creates a better place for antelope and deer. The public lands in our areas are literally wiped out every year for both deer and antelope, there are too many hunters for the areas involved. But since some of us manage our herds, our spillover is what replenishes the public lands every year. I realize that paid hunting isn't for everyone, and am not trying to sell you on it, but there are benefits, both for those that are payiing to hunt, and those that chose to hunt on their own on public lands.

Cal,

I understand that it is often a "to each his own" decision. I understand your point about not being familiar with an area but if one takes a bit of time to gather information prior to the trip (maps, etc.) and then does not expect to open the door of the truck on day one and wax a buck, success can be had on public land. I will admit that the past two years have been a bit slim for bigger mule deer but of the group of four I hunt with, three out of the four have had shots at or taken some pretty nice mulie bucks. We have also seen some exceptional antelope (of course it always seems to happen when none of us have a tag). For me, the "hunt" is more than just pulling the trigger on a big buck. It is about: anticipation of the hunt (including planning and preparation), spending time afield, seeing other game (including varmints), spending time with friends and family, smelling the sage, etc.

Regarding competing with hunters, it usually is not a problem (particularly on the walk-in areas). Weekends are the only exception. I like to look over animals before making a decision to either stalk closer or take the shot. Have not had to shoot at running animals (unless it was a follow-up shot). Not to say that we have not blown our share of stalks over the years.

Finally, I have no doubt that you pay a pretty penny to land-owners. That is a topic of discussion for a different day. Of course it is their land and they can do what they please. The bottom line is that taking a group of four guys (our typical party) and shooting four antelope bucks, license fees, hotel, etc. turns out to be at least a $10k hunt. OUCH!

Good luck with your hunts this fall.

Doug

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote