New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Hard shot angles?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Digital Dan, I was refering to shooter position in my post but hey, I didn't make myself clear as usual and ended up getting some bonus feedback over it!

It's fun to here stories from others in situations that you can relate to and how they handled them. I doubt I could have pulled your bobcat shot off with a HANDGUN but would have loved to seen it!

Posts: 231 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Often game doesnt show up when and were we expect making a good, steady shot difficult. I would like to know what you concider to be a tough shot!

I am right handed and for me it has to be shooting to my right from a setting position while wearing bulky clothing. My ideal shot angle would be shooting to my left at about 10 o'clock with some type of rest, unless ofcourse I have the rare opportunity to shoot prone.

Posts: 231 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I don't know about angles, the toughest shots for me are unsupported. I'm lefthanded but I practice shooting right handed all of the time. I shoot groundsquirrels with a scoped 22 (unsupported usually) with both hands every trip. And I'll shoot at least a half a dozen times with the varmint rigs off of the bipods right handed also. At the range I'll usually shoot the last half a dozen shots wrong handed just for the hell of it.

Posts: 12596 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
I also practice a LOT with both hands/sides/eyes with pistol and rifle. There are very few tough angles for me.

My least favorite angle for the game is going straight away or quartering to me.

IMO both are tough to make bang flop shots and I'm often going to wait and possibly lose the opportunity.

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote