THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    So if not bait then why can't I get a .270 winnie in the ultimate shadow?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So if not bait then why can't I get a .270 winnie in the ultimate shadow?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The original black shadow is not the same. And why the new CR-PF is only offered in these WSMs? I still say bait no matter what the sales. If winchester offered the super and ultimate shadows in the regular calibers, I think WSM sales would drop a bit.

Posts: 174 | Location: texas | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, Winchester Introduced a new rifle to go along with a new cartridge in order to appeal to a certain crowd. Doesn't sound like bait to me. Sounds like innovation and something new to play with. Maybe in a few years, Winchester will offer the same gun in a chambering that iterests you too.

Gib

Posts: 130 | Location: Fresno, CA - again | Registered: 13 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why exactly do you find this CR-PF rifle to be "bait"? I just don't find it so irresistable that I have to buy it even in a caliber I don't want. In my opinion it's a poorly designed marketing scheme to play on the "controlled feed" name while using the cheaply made push feed design. It's not that attractive as "bait".

one of us
posted Hide Post
leo-too, let me makes this as clear and simple as I can.

US Repeating Arms does not give a crap about what you personally want. All they care about is selling more rifles. Why their push over the WSM cartridges, when USRAC doesn't make them? I bet you that USRAC co-funded the development of the WSM and WSSM cartridges with Olin.

That's business. Get over it.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Of course, it's bait.

No surprise there.

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some bait . An extremely cheesy looking plastic floorplate and trigger guard , and even phillips head guard screws , hell , you'd think they could have at least stayed with pot metal for the floorplate ......

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
<AZOnecam>
posted
Just when I thought no one could make a rifle stock to compete with Ruger's plastic p.o.s. for ugliest gunstock on the planet, the Black Shadow proves me wrong. [Roll Eyes]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdgunslinger:
Some bait . An extremely cheesy looking plastic floorplate and trigger guard , and even phillips head guard screws , hell , you'd think they could have at least stayed with pot metal for the floorplate ......

Great! I would like to get one of these floor plates for my light weight sheep rifle.

Daryl

Posts: 536 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yukoner , it might be just what you need for a sheep rifle . It is light , and you could drag it up the mountain behind a pack mule and you might improve the looks ............ [Big Grin]

[ 09-09-2003, 21:33: Message edited by: sdgunslinger ]

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really like the .270 WSM and I do believe that there is a space for it. As I don’t handload, the factory .270 WSM ammo cost is 50% higher than the .270 Win so I bought the .270 Win a week ago.

During my investigation, I looked at the Black Shadows and think they are good value. However, they are a bit light and don’t fit me as well. I settled for a Browning A-Blot .270 Win that I trust and feel comfortable with.

Winchester is investing big $$ in the WSM and is definitely promoting the WSM line by saying that the WSM offers a lot more than the traditional ones. There is no reason to offer the traditional calibers in the Black Shadow line. From a marketing standpoint, the manufacturer must create a critical mass in WSM to make it a success. In the long run this will drive the costs including factory ammo down. It appears that Winchester has a better track record in promoting new calibers than others. Time will tell.

Danny Boy

Posts: 157 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote