Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon draw
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 323
posted
Well I was successful for Deer and Elk but not for Antelope and Bighorn. What about the rest of you guys.

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unsuccessful for elk. 'nother point, though!

Posts: 81 | Location: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: 03 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
My deer tag is for the Grizzly unit, My elk is a Anterless tag for Southwest Grizzly. My dad found some landowners that will let us hunt on there land, that is the only reason I put in for it.

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Buck Deer Paulina. Skunked on all else. To be fair I put in for preference points for all but Bighorn.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are there any leftover (controlled hunt) tags this year like there was last year?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Successful on Deer ( InterState Unit) and Elk ( Powers Unit) but for only spike Elk only....

Marked my preference tag with wrong code for Elk! Darn it! Gosh I need to face up to getting old and needing bi focals!

Will Scope out the Interstate Unit once again to see how the deer population is.... Will probably just go general season instead of going for Spike ONLY elk....

F&W did tell me that there were left over draw tags for Deer but most of those were up by Portland.... and for Elk it was mainly IN Grizzley Unit on private land and in NE Oregon...

I hate this darn lottery system every year, whether I am successful or not.... I do think it adds one iota to anything about game management...But it is sure another government slick program to drum up more revenue!

Giving money to any sort of government is the same as agreeing to pick up the bar tab for every drunk in town for the rest of his life.... YOU get just about the same from either the drunk or the government.....

seafire

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
No tags this year..........

One thing I figured out some fifteen years ago:

Oregon isn't the exactly center of the hunting universe, and quit honestly, I think it's become a very poor hunting state, and mostly because Portland, Salem, and Eugene carry the votes and basically run the state. The infamous "Bear and Cougar Initiative" being a prime example of how Oregon's urban/liberal majority can vote-in legislation out of ignorance and ultimately destroy our big game resources. And in the end, the bear & cougar that these "enlightened" bozos thought they were protecting will be decimated as well. Eastern Oregon has been disenfranchised and has almost no voice. From my perspective, this place is one sorry sumbitch, and one day, I'll move and never come back if I can help it.

In the meantime, I'm hunting out-of-state, and out-of-country.........

AD

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
California has the same problem as Oregon. Los Angeles and San Francisco have all the political clout, don't know squat about game management, and have protected Filiz Concolor. bull

I don't trust anyone south of Red Bluff

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote