THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Anyone heading to their Pennyslvania Deer Camp?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone heading to their Pennyslvania Deer Camp?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
I'm a PA native, but live in Northern Virginia. This is yet another year I will miss the traditional migration north to Tioga County with my deer hunting friends for the opening day of buck season.

Oh how I wish I were going this year! I SO miss the traditions of being in deer camp, the food, snoring and farting of my friends.

Anyone out there making the trip to deer camp this year?

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'm going up tomarrow morning. Leaving at 9 for the 2 hour drive up to clarion county. I'm already real excited. I love going up there to hunt, but I admit the best part is the time in the camp. There are actually a lot more deer down here, but I just can't stop going up there with all the guys.

Later
Andy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Are there any deer left north of Route 80?

Four of us spent two days in the woods for bear season recently and saw a total of 6 deer in Clinton County where we hunted. Two were bucks, a spike and a Y.

Posts: 164 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 04 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
My first deer hunting experience was in Clearfield County near the old family homestead, (Curry Run was named after a Great Grandfather). Is the LaJose Hotel still standing? I'd love to stay there and hunt in the area again.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be hunting in PA [Pike] for the first time, at least there are deer there .Here in NY one group of 20, who normally do very well, in the first 5 days got 1 buck and 1 bear !! That's why I'm tring PA....This morning I heard many shots from "hunters" sighting in their guns --the day before the season opens ! Why do they do that ??