THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: best place to shoot a whitetail??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: best place to shoot a whitetail??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
The only instant kills guaranteed are the brain and front spine shots but they're both small targets. I would say the the best option is probably the shot that breaks both front shoulders.

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Shoot them where the neck meets the head.

They'll be dead before they hit the ground.

Posts: 9 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
best place to shoot a whitetail??

As close to your pick-up as possible.

I have never shot a deer with a .270, but I doubt if one would run more than 100 yards if it was shot through the lungs (less if through the heart). I have tried dropping them in their tracks by taking a shoulder out, but the deer still managed to run to the bottom of the hill.

Posts: 93 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa, USA | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The plain old heart shot. No deer will live through a .270 through the heart; it's instantly converted from live to dead.

Posts: 262 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunt with a 270 win and im relatively new to deer hunting and i was wandering wheres the best place to shoot for a INSTANT kill?( theres alot of private property near i hunt and i cant hunt it)
thanks