Notify
Tools

New Kimber 84M Quality?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of killsoft
posted
Howdy.

I'm seriously considering a new Kimber model 84M rifle (probably in .308) as a "go-to" gun but I have been unable to find much objective information on them. Do any of you have any experience with them as to quality and accuracy? Are they worth the price, or are they like any other new rifle and require a trip to the gunsmith after purchase to fix all the nits?

Thanks for any info, or if you have any other suggestions for a reasonably priced quality lightweight rifle.

Posts: 45 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Killsoft-

I don't own an 84M, nor have I ever fired one, so I can't give you any advice there.

However, you did ask for any other suggestions that would be a similar alternative. How about a Remington Mtn. rifle? Yes, you might have to take it to a gunsmith to have it bedded and the trigger lightened, but after that you'd be all set. You can even get one in stainless/laminate so that weather and rust wouldn't be as much of a concern. I like that in a "go-to" gun. They even have one with a titanium receiver if you want a real fly weight.

Good luck in your search- Gib

Posts: 130 | Location: Fresno, CA - again | Registered: 13 May 2003Reply With Quote