Find
Notify
Tools

Speer deep shok revisited
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted
Could this have something to do with them going away? Is there a connection?

http://eonlinebuying.com/cabelas.html

I noticed the "New power shok" is being offered in a greater variety than the Deep Shoks were. Might have to give them a look.

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with a Speer Tech a few days ago and asked why the Deep Shoks were discontinued. He replied the manufactoring processes involved in producing Deep Shok bullets were too expensive. Did not question him ant further although I think the Deep Shoks would have proved more successful than their Grand Slam line. Higher BCs to boot too.

MtnHtr

Posts: 254 | Location: USA | Registered: 30 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The things that Speer, ATK, Blount, and Federal do and don't do, is a board room mystery.

I swear they have people making decisions, that have not a clue what they are selling, or what the comsumer wants to buy.

This new Power Shok, and Vital Shok marketing is a joke.

Deep Shok bullets were very expensive to make, but were well recieved by the consumers. Those that used them came looking for more.

Federal makes the best ammo around, but the marketing people they have are "new and improved" obsessed.

They will improve everything untill it is no good anymore.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote