New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Mule Deer Buck
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here are a couple of picture of my wife's first mule deer buck. This is only the third deer the she has ever shot.

It was taken on November 17, 2003 in east central Alberta.

It is a 4 x 5 which rough scores 187 7/8 non typical.

I am very proud of her.

She shot it with a 180 gr. Trophy bonded Bear Claw, from her browning 30-06

-

-

-

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats one HELL of a first buck. Major congrats to your wife.

Posts: 130 | Location: Fresno, CA - again | Registered: 13 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW! Well, it looks like your wife should just quit deer hunting now and spare herself the misery of trying to top that one! [Wink] [Big Grin] CONGRATS! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graylake,

A trophy indeed! Congratulations to your wife.

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice buck!
Love those dark antlers.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Posts: 162 | Location: Boise | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful buck! Do I sound jealous? I guess I do!! Congratulations!

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You are lucky. I wish I could get my wife to go hunting with me.

Posts: 48 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
awesome buck! [Smile]

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Graylake, your wife has taken a wonderfull trophy! That extra point on his left beam is very unusual!!
Congratualtions to her!

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
She's certainly done better than I have this season. Congratulations!

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a great looking Muley she took!

Posts: 492 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graylake, what a trophy, congrats to your wife.
Now where is the picture of yours? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
WOW...And thats a good looking deer too!!!
Lucky rascal.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's one HELL of a first buck!! Good photography also! Looks like awesome mulie country. Congrats!!

Posts: 193 | Location: Laramie, Wyoming | Registered: 01 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 11-22-2003, 19:36: Message edited by: Graylake ]

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you everybody for the kind words. I have showed her the post and she can't stop smiling. The place where she works doesn't have any people that hunt so she has not gotten much of a response about her deer.

Kenneth - Yes I am very lucky that my wife hunts, and she can shoot like a sniper. The only down side to this is the fact that now all of my hunts will cost double, because she wants to go also.

bo-n-aro - Yes that extra point is really cool. It is over 11" long. Before the season started she said that she would really like to take something that was non-typical, not just a basic 4x4.

Jimmyd223 - Here in alberta, most of the mule deer area is on a draw system. It usually takes 3 years to get drawn for bucks. I didn't get a tag this year, as myself and other hunting partner got drawn last year. I let my hunting partner shoot the nice buck last year. I found it bedded in a small patch of willows, and backed out of the area and called him over and told him to walk in my foot prints over the hill and shoot the buck. He did great. This was his first mule deer buck also. It scored around 170. I don't have any pictures of him with that deer, just a couple of pictures of his deer with my wife. Here is a picture of the nice buck that I shot back is 1999. This one scored around 187 4/8.

-

-

-

-

posted Hide Post
What a trophy... and the deer ain't bad either.

[Wink]

Posts: 11 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graylake, man I can see from the pictures, I have got to make it up your way SOON. Those are the type of Mulies that dreams are made off. Again, Congrats to you, your wife and your buddy on fine animals. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya,
Damn nice wife.. I mean wife.. er I mean buck. A hell you know what I mean!

congrats,

where was he taken?

Posts: 248 | Location: Republic of Alberta | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote