THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    If Planning trip to Canada for Moose-Read this

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Planning trip to Canada for Moose-Read this
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Trophyman
posted
Deleted by Trophyman to make a more positive site.

Thanks.

Trophyman

Benefactor Member NRA
SCI
California Rifle & Pistol Assoc.
Drive a 69 Chevelle SS396

Posts: 145 | Location: Bakersfield, CA. | Registered: 15 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Well, what an unfortunate hunt. Curious, did you get any references prior to booking? If so, what was the report?

If this outfitter makes it a habit of treating all of their clients this way, they'll probably skim your letter and toss it as if it is the norm.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of ScopeBite
posted Hide Post
(I do not want anything from you in the way of refund, monetary reward, offer of discounts on future hunts or anything of the like)

I like your style!

ScopeBite

I would rather Boar Hunt for my Bacon!

Posts: 136 | Location: Bakersfield California | Registered: 26 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you have time, send copies of all the info you have compiled to the game dept., outfitters association, and any one else you can think of in Canada. In this day and age there is no excuse,and for the money charged, no reasoning other than fraud. Cut and past your above letter and post it on every outdoor forum you can find. There are dozens.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent job of writing. I appreciate your civility to the man, even though it looks as though you were royally jerked around. I hope that he doesn't turn you off all Canadian ourfitters, and that your next hunt is more successful in all respects. Thanks again for making your thoughts known in a concise, respectful way. You have my salute,
Straight shooting and good hunting,
Graham

Posts: 264 | Location: Northern BC, Canada | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trophyman, thanks for the intel, I disagree with your postion I must say. You paid for x and got....well not y, but maybe n or soemthing, certainly NOT what you paid for. Those folks damn sure owe you some remunertion.

Not wanting any is certainly up to you, I just would think you are due something.

Sorry you had to go through it, I've been hosed by a Canadian outfitter myself, it stinks!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Added them to my list thumbdown

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
Long time ago, 1997, I got hosed by an elk outfitter in BC, that and their new firearm laws, their attitude at the border, my once or twice a year hunting trips have been going elsewhere on this planet. They fooled around with clients and the whole area lost, along with the government of Canada.

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your trip, but thanks for the report.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trophyman, sorry to hear about your hunt. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gas57:
Long time ago, 1997, I got hosed by an elk outfitter in BC, that and their new firearm laws, their attitude at the border, my once or twice a year hunting trips have been going elsewhere on this planet. They fooled around with clients and the whole area lost, along with the government of Canada.

It is unfortunate that you got hosed on an elk hunt in BC. But as far as their firearms laws I understand that it is easier to travel to Canada with a firearm then it is to the U.S. On a recent bear hunt to BC we had the paperwork ready and didn't have a problem entering with firearms. We were treated quite well. Unfortunately there are rotten outfitters on both sides of the border.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Wow, sorry to hear about that.

Is that the Mckay outfitters site?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trophyman
posted Hide Post
Yessir.

One in the same with:
http://www.bcguideoutfitters.com

The whole shebang uesed to be owned by Bernie McKay and his relatives. Sold it to Mark Werner who has ran it in to the ground.

Trophyman

Benefactor Member NRA
SCI

Posts: 145 | Location: Bakersfield, CA. | Registered: 15 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to here about your experience, if I laid 7 grand down to hunt and was treated in the maner you discribe ithink I woud haved voiced my opion in camp!! I have been on guided hunts be for and you should always get what you pay for just mhop.

Posts: 207 | Location: new york | Registered: 23 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report about a terrible hunt!
I notice that on his website he has a link to his Blog but he has his comment section turned off. Is that a recent change and ya think that maybe you caused that? Wink

One of Us
Picture of Trophyman
posted Hide Post
7Xpress,
I noticed that too. I think I must have had something to do with it. It was open, prior to my thread. Weird, huh?

I just hope I can prevent another from getting treated like this.

Thanks,
Trophyman

Benefactor Member NRA
SCI