New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone used Barnes Originals?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone tried the Barnes Originals? Especialy the 115gr 6mm RN. Would it make the 243/6mm any more effective?

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never tried the Barnes Originals. but I was curious on how your Swedish Moose Hunt experience. Didja' git one?

Posts: 258 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland US of A | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll let you know when I've been! Flying out on Friday. Ground rush on the packing, starting to get rather excited.... Host has ordered a couple of good dogs and is hopefull I should bag a couple (moose that is not the dogs). As I am normaly jinxed when in company I'll settle for not embarrassing myself!

[This message has been edited by 1894 (edited 11-28-2001).]

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They worked great up to 100 or 150 yards then would not expand, in the old days...

I don't know if they have made any changes since those days, 30 years or more past...The were very heavy in the front portion of the nose...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
I shot a moose in Alaska in 97, with a 300 gr. Barnes original. Broke the right front shoulder, broke the rib, broke the offside rib and the left shoulder. Found under the skin on the left side still at 270 gr.Thats pretty impressive. It was shot from a .340 weatherby at aprox. 75 yards. MD

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote