Find
Notify
Tools

Coverall advice
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
I am looking for a good coverall, mainly to be used in winter (very cold temperatures), it has to be warm, waterproof (thou should preferably allow perspiration to escape), tough and quiet ...

so far I have found three that might meet my needs, all of them at cabelas:

* Herter's FowlTechâ„¢ Plus Insulated Coveralls
* 10x® Insulated Coveralls
* Whitewater Durastop Dura-Fleeceâ„¢ Coveralls

Which one would you choose and why? If anyone might know of any other better still please let me know about it (my budget is something around 200 USD)

Size must be at least 2XL (3XL better)

Thank you all in advance

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
If your talking real cold weather.

Go with Artic Shield. Their H3 parka and H3 bibs.

$230 for both pieces here.

Archery Experts

No joke, it's good stuff and less bulky then you'd believe.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have worn coveralls all my life, and Carharts are pretty hard to beat. They are virtually indestructable and quite comfy. Since they are made for farmers and construction guys, the 2X and 3X sizes are not a problem. That being said, the last few years I have gravitated to the bibs/parka combo for hunting, it's really more versatile. When we hunt late deer season here in Iowa, which takes place in January, it can be -10 or more at first light, and in the teens by mid morning. If you are wearing a parka, you can take it off when you drag a deer, and not work up too much of a sweat. For mountain hunting, the same thing applies, if you are sitting, the parka feels pretty good, if you are on the move, you can shed it, and let your body breathe.

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 375hnh:
I have worn coveralls all my life, and Carharts are pretty hard to beat. They are virtually indestructable and quite comfy. Since they are made for farmers and construction guys, the 2X and 3X sizes are not a problem. That being said, the last few years I have gravitated to the bibs/parka combo for hunting, it's really more versatile. When we hunt late deer season here in Iowa, which takes place in January, it can be -10 or more at first light, and in the teens by mid morning. If you are wearing a parka, you can take it off when you drag a deer, and not work up too much of a sweat. For mountain hunting, the same thing applies, if you are sitting, the parka feels pretty good, if you are on the move, you can shed it, and let your body breathe.

My needs are to keep my body warm during all those freezing nights where I have to stay quite and still waiting till my guests (sus scrofa Wink) to arrive ... thus the coveralls are the best option for me ...

I am quite interested in the carhartt´s Extremes Coverall Arctic Quilt Lined http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Produ...=-1&categoryId=10908 but I am afraid that being 100% Cordura® nylon in 1000 denier it might be rather noisy, what do you think ?

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote