THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Imagine the force required to do this

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Imagine the force required to do this
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Southern Il buck who picked a fight with the wrong Bro

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ouch! Gives me a headache just looking at it. Stupid question, but was this deer killed by this, or did a hunter get him?

Posts: 214 | Location: maine, usa | Registered: 07 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
Judging by where the antler is, I would say that it missed the brain entirely and simply went through the nasal cavity.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1090 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looked like he zigged when he should have zagged, I believe it was a bow kill

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Judging by where the antler is, I would say that it missed the brain entirely and simply went through the nasal cavity.

Plus one on that estimation.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thecanadian:

I agree 100% with your analysis and although it probably didn't feel good I'd bet it didn't slow him down one bit during the rut.

one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
Sure looks like an elk to me.

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erict:

+1

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1220 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You shudder seen de other guy!

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erict:

Or maybe a red deer.

Over the years the damage I seen to some animals that were up and running around has been amazing.

I shot a buck several years ago that came running in looking for a fight.

When after is skinned him I found holes all over him front to back. I figured from fighting but still he was raring to go.

Posts: 19615 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a red deer, killed in the UK. The pic has been floating around for a while.

There is a weaker natural fissure in the skull right where the antler entered, then the thin sinus bones/tissue, and the exit is through the preorbital gland which is very thin.

Posts: 788 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It may not be a whitetail friend say a friend forwarded it to him

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is deer my buddy took in 2014 healthy That was shot in the face the year before The slug took off his nose but left his upper palate in place so he was able to eat, look how the skin fused to his exposed skull amazing what they can go through with out medical help

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One more example of why NOT to take head shots.

Hog picture on that section awhile back had most of his nose blown off too.

A friend sent me the head from a muntjac a few years ago that he'd killed. Bullet hole thru the jaw hinge, lower jaw was in four pieces. Yet he claimed he lung shot it. Must have been someone else tried for a head shot and didn't connect right. I have the skull and pieces laying here.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6024 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
One more example of why NOT to take head shots.

Yep

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote