Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Mulie vs. Whitetail
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted
what is the deal I thought texas only had whitetails???

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that is news to me I grew up in central texas, been gone about 5 years. What about pheasants?? texas seems like it would really do well with pheasants although the fire ants sure wouldn't help anything

one of us
posted Hide Post
In 1990 Texas had an estimated population of around 200,000 desert mule deer. Approximately 8,000 per year were harvested that year. They are found in the western and nothern parts of the state with the primary areas being the panhandle and trans pecos regions.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In ND you have any antlered or Whitetail Antlered tags. Tag a hybrid with any antlered.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gosh I learn something every day, Haveing grown up in central texas I didn't have a clue about the pheasants or the mule deer.

For the longest time there was no deer at all where I lived. I think the problem was poaching, Texas being all private land, the good ole boys would shoot any deer on site in any season it didn't matter, and before we could catch them on our part of our ranch they where long gone. Gib lewis former speaker of the house planted a bunch of deer next to us unfortunatly that was right before I moved. Now there are no quail because of the fire ants, but now wild hogs have moved in.

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Legally, what does a hybrid count as...muley or whitetail? In other words, what tag do you have to use?

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote