New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cheyenne, WY - Antelope Hunt?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking to plan and book a hunt for next season in the Cheyenne area. A couple of questions:

Is it difficult in getting a license?

Is this area a good location?

Any other comments will be appreciated.

rslus
PA [Smile]

Posts: 251 | Location: pa | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about Cheyenne, but I hunted near Casper last fall with Flying B outfitters. It was a great hunt. www.flyingboutfitters.com
If you talk to Bill tell he I said "Howdy"

Mark

Africa '05!!!!

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rs,

I was just outside of Laramie a couple of weeks ago and there are antelope-a-plenty out there! The whole area is unit 45 I believe. I was just casually driving around out there and spotted at least three or four shooters. We're not talking monster 16 inchers here but solid 13-14" goats with good mass all the way up their horns. I don't believe it is difficult to draw a tag here and you are welcome to join a friend and I who will be hunting there next season.

Best,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
John. Area 42, 47. 47 Is hard to draw but has the biggest bucks.

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks POP! I have the map in my car and couldn't remember for sure. What are those odds like? I love hunting pronghorn as apparently you do as well. As a Cretan, I figure Pronghorn is about the closest I will get to being able to take a KriKri from the Samaria Gorge. [Big Grin]

Best,

JohnTheGreek

P.S.

Do you know the Kostopoulos and Constantinides families there in Cheyenne?

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Sure do know them!
Should have gone kri-kri hunting on DIA was I was stationed on Iraklion Air Base Crete! Miss that place but I married a girl from there so I feel better! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So . . . she got any sisters? A proper Cretan wife is a really rare find these days.

JohnTheGreek

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
You got it!

[ 10-25-2003, 04:35: Message edited by: POP ]