Find
Notify
Tools

70 push feed
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted
Sometimes when a client inspects one of my model 70 push feeds, he will have a look on his face like he is handling a turd. I have these rifles in .30-06 and .270 and they shoot under 2 inch groups at 200 meters day in and day out. I find them to be MORE accurate than the claw extractor model Winchester. Fine hunting rifles.

posted Hide Post
John,
Remind the client that he/she could have brought their own rifle, but chose the convenience of using a 'house rifle'.

I always have to bring my own guns because I am a lefty.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Sometimes when a client inspects one of my model 70 push feeds, he will have a look on his face like he is handling a turd.

Because they are dumbasses. Every deer I've killed died by being shot with push feed rifles, either a Howa or a Sako.

When US military weapons have a controlled round feed extractor, I will consider one important.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
...i would think that cfr would be relevant/required only in the case of hunting dg, and superfluous in all other cases...

te

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
what's more dangerous?
a dumb animal that is running at you
or a number of enemy with automatic rifles shooting 125grn 30cal bullets?
stupid argument!
either the weapon works or it doesn't
Sgt.Krohn

one of us
posted Hide Post
ive used 2 push feeds. no deer that was shot with them didnt know that it wasnt a crf winchester. they are kinda like a model 700 with a diferent safety.

Posts: 159 | Location: Saskatchewan  | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used push feeds for most of my hunting. I've been to Africa 3 times, and the PH's had as many push feeds as CRF.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My sentiments exactly, and don't forget...controlled round feeders fail as well. Is somebody out there trying to tell us that a Winchester, Ruger or CZ CRF is more reliable for DG than a SAKO? Reliability is a 60 degree bolt throw mated with cock on close...this even works for the most excited, least coordinated homo sapiens on the planet. CRF is an afterthought.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote