New
Find
Notify
Tools

Atlanta Chapter, SCI Convention
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those of you in the vicinity of Atlanta, the Georgia Chapter of SCI is holding its annual Sportsman's Convention and Show this Saturday (2/6) at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Hotel.

For details, go to the Chapter website: www.gasci.org .

Although nowhere the size of Reno or DSC, the Atlanta show will have exhibitors from Africa and the U.S., as well as art, jewelry, and etc.

From 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM admission is free. The member dinner with live auctions is $100/person.

There are at least 25 hunts and other items on the live auction.

Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend: a Safari Club event on Saturday and the Super Bowl on Sunday!

Posts: 69 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: 02 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to add that the Greater Atlanta SCI banquet is the following Saturday (2/13) at the Metropolitian Club in Alpharetta off Windward Pkwy. Doors open at 4pm and cost is $60 a person I believe.

Attend either or both shows, a lot of great people involved.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder for anyone in the Atlanta area that the Greater Atanta banquet is tomorrow. It has been snowing the last couple of hours but is suppose to be out of here by midnight.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
David,
How was the show? I've never been to yours (I'm in the Tallahassee chapter) in but was in Atlanta earlier today for meetings and thought about coming by before heading home.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Show was pretty good but a little disappointing. Good to see all the people and swap stories. Quite a few hunts being auctioned did not sell. I spent too much money on the gun raffles and did not win as usual.

Good Hunting,