THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Options for open sights on a custom rifle??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Options for open sights on a custom rifle??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm having a brush gun put together. Not necessarily a DGR, but a wet weather stomping rifle in .375 Hawk/Scovill. Fred recommends the NECG sights. I've seen the smaller pics in Brownell's, but no close ups. Are there any others that come to mind?

My idea is to have a QD scope/base system. I don't think the idea is to detatch scope for tracking wounded bears, although that may be a case, but rather scope damage, and still being able to hunt. In essence, open sights that are funtional and rugged and still have enough "fineness" for lack of a better word to shoot soda cans a t 100 yards.

I guess ultimately I am asking if anyone has used the NECG "Masterpiece" system as it offers all of my requirements?

Posts: 346 | Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I haven't used the NEGC but these are Dakota sights on my 458. It also has Warne Lever release rings and Warnes bases, the Tasco scope was removed and replaced with a Leupold 2-7 as soon as I got it.The front sight has an ivory bead.
 -

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote