New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Schnees or Whites pacs?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hell upchuck,you were on here a while back crying rivers over what dogshit whites are and now you're asking about them. You were a fucking expert on them in the beginning.

Schnees are good boots,no two ways about it. Whites pacs are every bit as good and even better then schnees,since the bottoms on whites are made out of a compound that doesn't ozone rot and holds up to abuse from rocks and ballast far better then the bottoms on schnees. Whites also cost less. You can have them resoled for 40 dollars if and when you do wear out the bottoms.

Schnees has an established name,since they plaster it in all kinds of magazines like bugle. Whites is traditionally associated with leather work boots,which I'll agree do suck. However, their rubber pacs are great and every bit the equal of schnees.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

For hunting in steep, wet terrain, especially like we find here in Western Oregon (or Washington, B.C., SE Alaska, etc.) a good set of logger's caulk boots are by far the best.

Since I work in the woods when I'm on this side of the pond, I have tried a few different kinds and have some opinions...

They are as follows...

1.) Wesco's suck...the caulks can't seem to stay in them no matter how often you tighten them, and they get stripped out easily

2.) Hoffman's are the best value for the money. I have both the all-leather and the insulated pac's and they are great. The insulated pac's with rubber bottom, leather upper, and replaceable caulks are by far the best elk hunting boots ever invented.

Posts: 643 | Location: DeRidder, Louisiana USA | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote