Find
Notify
Tools

AZ elk draw date?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
When is the draw date for AZ elk?

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
They don't specify a date. They send out tags or refunds by the 24th of April. The results for the draw should be available on their website any day now however. Usually it's 2 or 3 weeks before the "mail out" date.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
I was told by a G&F Officer last week it would probably be the week of April 6th.

Posts: 764 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to get my new bonus point either.

Posts: 206 | Location: Tucson, AZ, USA | Registered: 26 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
The AZ draw results for elk and antelope are now available by PHONE ONLY at 602-942-3000 #2. It will say they are still unavailable, but if you enter your data, you'll get the results.

They are NOT online yet, however.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Thanks for that info. Finally got thru. I won another point!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was planning on the NEW bonus point too, but instead I get an EARLY RIFLE BULL ELK tag, WOW!!!

Aaron

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Congrats to anyone who drew permits. I got shut out once again, so I'm now up to 8 bps for both elk and 'lope.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gave it a few days to let the red hot phone lines cool off a bit and the patience paid off in huge dividends for me!!

I drew my dream bull elk tag! Unit 27 rut hunt with a muzzleloader!! I'm on cloud nine!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scottyboy - Congrats man, awesome tag!!

Aaron

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They finally put them up on the web site. Bonus points for me this year.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MyNameIsEarl
posted Hide Post
I added another to 13 points for antelope and no elk either. I can't complain to much about Elk since I had a tag last year.

I am convinced I will never hunt antelope in AZ.

Posts: 764 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Aaron! I realize what I was fortune enough to draw... I'll be doing alot of scouting in the unit this summer and will be doing my homework on this hunt for sure..

Hoping to take a 370+ bull with this tag. And in this unit, especially with this tag, its entirely possible to take a BIG bull!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote