THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Another public land shooting restriction

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another public land shooting restriction
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MrHawg
posted
This area is north of Gillette and is one of the few areas of public land in the county. It has definately been trashed over the years, but I don't see a shooting restriction as the answer. I see this as a scary trend that could extend to other federal lands in the future. I hope people who care will send in their comments...
http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/mbr/news/2007/12/18.shtml

Posts: 244 | Location: Margaritaville | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats all it takes a few bad apples ruin it for everyone.The same applies for the idiots that shoot road signs.It is going to take alot of doing to keep public land open to shooting.I even saw a range I always went to close because of trash and destruction of Govt property.They had to turn the range away from houses because of idiots shooting over the 100 foot berm and hitting houses.They also banned shooting clay,plastic or wooden targets .They only open the range now during hours that there is a US Forest service employee there to watch shooters.Its getting harder and harder to find a place to shoot.

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I know that area, it is a mess. One of my buddies lives very close to it. he is the closet house and he comments about the dump it has turned into.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What you need is a regulated range that is supervised with range rules that are enforced with fees.There was an open range in Lytle Creek where slobs were turning it into a dump.The US Forest Service was ready to permanently close it but agreed to turn it over to a concessonaire who fenced it,cleaned it up,set rules of use & charged fees. It's now supervised & not being used as a dump.I have friends who go there to shoot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup! We're doing it to ourselves. Let's go out and shoot up a few more signs. That's sure to impress those folks that are undecided about gun control.
Quote Pogo: "We have met the enemy and he is us"